Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

I have an K95 RGB Platinum, and nearly everything works perfect. The one problem I have may be related to Mac OS itself, but it's worth a shot to discuss it here.

I have very strong passwords for several applications and web applications, and I like to set these passwords to my G keys as text or macros. I know that isn't terribly secure it someone gets physical access to my computer, but that isn't a concern I have, and this helps me maintain strong passwords.

In Windows and previously with the CKB-NEXT tool in Mac OS, I could easily use the G keys enter text or macros into a secure field. However, with the iCUE software, it doesn't work. I can use the G keys to spam all the text I like anywhere else, but in a secure field (like my login to 1password for example) pressing the G keys does nothing. Is this by design, can we change this?

Update to all: I am in the process of reviewing and will be expanding support for more devices with firmware updates. I'll update the product list once I am ready to do so.

Hi James,

I have a K70 RGB (P/N: CH-9000118-UK/RF) and when I check for updates in iCUE (version 3.11.114 on Windows), it says my device is up-to-date on firmware version 2.05.

I know there are/were a few different versions of the K70 RGB, should I be seeing a firmware version in the 3.x range, and if not, is my model on the roadmap to receive an updated firmware?

Thanks!

Verta

Hey,

I haven't seen any mention where to do bug reports but here's my story :

I have a Macbook Pro 2018 and a Corsair Scimitar first gen that is not supposed to be supported yet by the iCue Open beta. But I'm still updating the software every week and checking this thread in case it ever gets supported.

Turns out, I updated recently to the latest version but my Scimitar was not recognized. But today, I launched iCue and without any sign of a new update available since last time, the software recognized my mouse and everything was working almost perfectly.

For instance, one thing I noticed is that the "Delete" key of my keyboard as a macro or even as a pre-defined key in the software does not have the expected behavior when i map it into one of the side button of my Scimitar. Instead of deleting the next character it deletes the one before.

Unfortunately, I had to restart my computer at one point and cine then, the mouse is not detected anymore. I tried an other reboot but still without luck.

So I don't know if me having access to my Scimitar was not intended but i wanted to mention it here (And also sign up onto this forum because I'll probably get some more Corsair products !)

Thank you for your time into making this project a reality. When my company bought me a Macbook I was super reluctant to use it because of the lack of support from Corsair but ckb-next is actually fulfilling my needs until official support :)

I just bought the

K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Speed Low Profile

Corsair Dark Core RGB Special Edition

Corsair MM1000 Qi Wireless Charging

I bought it in anticipation of getting a windows pc together when graphics card prices normalize a bit again. But in the meantime I was going to use them for productivity on a Macbook Pro 2018 and external screen. Only to realize that OSX support was not out of the box (oops). After reading this thread though I'm optimistic! :D

I'm right in assuming the wireless charging mousepad just has a power supply connector?

I just purchased the K55 RGB keyboard, and when I connect it to my Mac the iCUE software does not see it. I can connect it to a windows machine, and it is detected fine. The original post states the keyboard is supported out of the box, but I assume now that just means within MacOS?

Is there any ETA on when this keyboard will be able to use iCUE from within MacOS?

Hi,

I'm on a 2017 iMac pro (admittedly with a log of devices connected), and my new Scimitar Pro is not detected. It looks like it is being detected in the log files but there is an error when it is attempting to display the device. I just bought an HS70 SE headset and that was detected fine.

With Razer ignoring everything on the Mac and still claiming they support macOS, I'll be switching to Corsair if I can.

Please let me know if I should PM log files to you, James.

-- Dave

i got this software but my harpoon rgb wired isn't showing up. Is the harpoon supported and if not when will it be?

+1 for this issue.

I am on a 2016 MacBook Pro with 4 Thunderbolt ports using the Apple USB adapter. Mouse is usable in the system but not recognized in the latest version of iCue.

+1 for this issue.

I am on a 2016 MacBook Pro with 4 Thunderbolt ports using the Apple USB adapter. Mouse is usable in the system but not recognized in the latest version of iCue.

+1 from me too.

I am on 2017 Macbook Pro with 4 x USB type C. I used Harpoon RGB wired with Type C to USB adapter. It can be used on Mac but not detected on iCUE.

(I tested with ckb-next and it can detect Harpoon so type C to USB adapter shouldn't be a problem in this case.)

I even updated iCUE software to 3.11.114 via OTA but still not detected.

My Harpoon RGB wired also connected to Windows previously and is on latest firmware already.

Please help to fix this issue quickly as we're so looking forward to use iCUE on Mac OS.

Thank you for the development for Mac OS, btw.

I was extremely happy to see this Beta release of iCUE for Mac! Finally I can utilize my ST100 to the fullest extent!

Alas, there is an immediate problem. After installing iCUE and restarting my computer, I jump into iCUE (after giving all the appropriate Accessibility permissions) and the lights on my ST100 stop dead. They basically just freeze and won't move. The iCUE model shows the lights whirling around, but the actual device is frozen. The only way to get them back to a default state is to unplug from USB and plug back in. This happens repeatedly. What's going on here? Anything I can try?

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2 if it matters.

I was extremely happy to see this Beta release of iCUE for Mac! Finally I can utilize my ST100 to the fullest extent!

Alas, there is an immediate problem. After installing iCUE and restarting my computer, I jump into iCUE (after giving all the appropriate Accessibility permissions) and the lights on my ST100 stop dead. They basically just freeze and won't move. The iCUE model shows the lights whirling around, but the actual device is frozen. The only way to get them back to a default state is to unplug from USB and plug back in. This happens repeatedly. What's going on here? Anything I can try?

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2 if it matters.

Just an FYI, I managed to resolve the issue. I was using the Ckb-Next driver to push my ST100 LED's. When I installed iCUE I forgot to uninstall Ckb. I deleted Ckb from my apps folder but didn't follow the uninstall directions.

It is paramount that anyone coming from ckb to iCUE on Mac that they follow the uninstall directions in the ckb repo. Make sure all of the commands run (you have to hit enter after the last command if you copy/paste from the repo into terminal.

After uninstalling ckb properly, iCUE works and I am able to control my ST100.

I now have to uninstall iCUE for mac since you disabled the "Remap MODIFIERS AND LOCK KEYS" option for the scimitar. Have you ever considered some people map a button to shift for vertical scrolling or idk running in a game?

Will this section ever be added back? CKB NEXT at this moment has more features than iCUE.

Don't know if it's a bug or a Mac related thing but I can't seem to map one of the keys of my Scimitar to the button "Delete".

Whether I use "Remap enhanced keys" and select "Delete" or record a macro that is just pressing the "Delete" key of my Windows keyboard, it always acts as a Backspace.

Edit : Actually I just tried something and it worked. You need to record a macro with your Mac keyboard and record "control + D". This is the equivalent of Delete for mac OS. The other way to do this is "Fn + backspace" but iCue does not recognize the "Fn" key on the Mac's keyboard. So yeah, if you want a Delete button on your mouse like I did, just record "mac control + d" to the button of your choice.

Edited by gunxblast

(edited): My K70 LUX RGB isn't recognized, but I didn't realize there were later K70 editions. I'll watch for the 3.x firmware update from the Windows computer.

Was this updated? I still can't get iCue to recognize my K70 LUX keyboard? I just downloaded the update 3.12.118

Is there a "Setup" doc anywhere for the Mac and Cosair Keyboards that anyone can share?

much appreciated

Was this updated? I still can't get iCue to recognize my K70 LUX keyboard? I just downloaded the update 3.12.118

Is there a "Setup" doc anywhere for the Mac and Corsair Keyboards that anyone can share?

much appreciated

Yes it was updated. Unfortunately it's Beta and no documentation is available yet. Hopefully it should move along and get fully functions soon.

Hi I purchased the M65 pro rgb after my last mouse broke. I purchased it from Amazon and right out of the package it would not work. I tried everything I could with this software on Mac but it just says "No Device Detected!" I'm incredibly frustrated because the left and right clicks don't work and the mouse scroll wheel won't work! If someone could please help that would be great!

Yes it was updated. Unfortunately it's Beta and no documentation is available yet. Hopefully it should move along and get fully functions soon.

Thanks BlackScorpion -- seeing all the users here have successful key-mapping and other functions gives me hope.

So far I've tried to look for a setup guide or something but have not found one. I'm wondering if people are transferring their profiles from Windows which is why it works for them on the mac?

cheers

Just recently purchased a scimitar, and it is not working with the beta. I have reinstalled the beta twice in hopes it was maybe a smaller issue, but the device is not register within the iCUE. Is there a need to install drivers, or is something messing up on my end?