Corsair Community

USB 3.1 Connection Question for Obsidian 1000D Case

LESPAUL1991

Hey, guys! I'm new to the forums, but I was hoping someone could help me out with a bit of a dilemma that I have:

I have just updated my build using the following

PC 1:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage Extreme VI EATX

Processor: Intel i9 7980xe 18-core 2.6gHz

RAM: x8 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (64GB Total)

Graphics Cards: x2 Nvidia Titan XP (2017) (SLI)

Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5

Power Supply: Corsair AX1600i

System fully water cooled using EKWB Components and Corsair LL fans.

PC 2:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Mini ITX

Processor: Intel i7 8700K 6-core 3.7gHz

RAM: x2 G.Skillz Trident Z RGB 8GB (16GB total)

Graphics Card: Nvidia Titan XP (2017)

Power Supply: Corsair SF600

System fully water cooled using EKWB Components and Corsair LL fans.

Both PCs are housed inside the Obsidian 1000D case, and I couldn't be happier with the way this thing looks. I have only one real issue; the case comes with 2 USB-C 3.1 connections on the front panel, but the ASUS ROG Rampage Extreme VI has only one connection for USB 3.1 Type-E available, and the H370-I unfortunately doesn't have any at all. A really big pet peeve of mine is to have dead ports, especially with such a beautiful case, and I have scoured the internet in the hope of coming across a female USB Type E splitter or adapter to no avail, so I wanted to ask if anyone knew of any adapters for the USB Type E connection that can connect to the motherboard (a USB Type E Female to USB 20-pin male adapter would be ideal), or any way that would let me make use of both USB C ports at the front of my computer and would be kind enough to share a link. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D:

I have the Same question TBH.... I had a quick look on FleaBay and Google but didnt find anything but i had other things going on at the time.. I have thurs and fri off work so will have a good search..... let me know if you come across any thing....

Bumping post to see if anyone has had any luck.

Thanks, Zotty. I'll let you know, too. I've been searching and have got nothing so far. It would seem sensible to think that a female adapter for a USB Type E would be available somewhere, but surprisingly it doesn't seem to be. I haven't had any luck on finding any videos with how to make your own either. :[pouts:

I'll keep looking. Hopefully something comes up!

Bumping post to see if anyone has had any luck.

Thanks, Zotty. I'll let you know, too. I've been searching and have got nothing so far. It would seem sensible to think that a female adapter for a USB Type E would be available somewhere, but surprisingly it doesn't seem to be. I haven't had any luck on finding any videos with how to make your own either. :[pouts:

I'll keep looking. Hopefully something comes up!

I also have the same question. So far, my web-searches have been less than useful. I'll post back if I find a solution.

Hi guys,

I have solved the problem using a Lian-Li adapter: http://www.lian-li.com/product/pw-inc1tr/ (less than 20 euro/us dollars on various on-line stores).

It will occupy the main USB 3.0 port on your motherboard, so you may need an expansion card to connect the two front USB 3.0 cables from the Obsidian 1000D.

In my case I am using the Silverstone SST-ECU01 PCIe: https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=498 (around 25 euro in Europe).

I hope my suggestions were useful to you.

I know, same thing to me, in Belgium. Eventually I got it from Caseking.de, but I have just checked and they do not have any in stock for the moment. Keep looking, the Lian-Li adapter has a very solid build and works exceptionally well.

I could not find any other suitable solution for our problem.

I just received, installed and tested the USB 3.0 to USB 3.1 converter PW-INC1TR. I ran a file copy speed test of both the converter connected to a USB 3.0 header, and the motherboard native 3.1 header. The transfer speeds are the same. This is a great way to get both USB 3.1 ports on the front of the Corsair 1000D case usable when using a motherboard with only a single USB 3.1 header. You can also use a USB 3.0 PCIe card with a 19-pin header.

Archived