Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 971864
Corsair Art Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlfrost View Post
Just a quick update if anyone with an X470 Taichi stumbles across this. iCue works flawlessly with BIOS version 1.35A. If you update the BIOS to 1.50 or Beta 1.52, iCue will not work and your LED's will not be controllable.
Thanks for the info.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:52 PM
PsiReaper's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973667
PsiReaper Reputation: 10

New to the forums and just finished a Ryzen 7 build using the X470 TaiChi. I have a similar kit, except it's the PC3200 version (CMW32GX4M4C3200C14). My system is exhibiting the same problem. ICUE sees the sticks but can't control the RGB. However, if I downgrade the BIOS to ver 1.35, it works fine. Just a FYI.

I may return my motherboard for something else.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:41 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973675
DevBiker Reputation: 76

After upgrading your BIOS, look for an option for SPD Write Enabled. You may need to check with AsRock for where this is hiding; wish I could give you better guidance.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Dosidos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973697
Dosidos Reputation: 10

I'm also having issues with the software not detecting one ram at a time and when it does I'm not able to change the rgbs on it. It just stay an unpleasant rainbow which the colors don't fade in with each other.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:15 AM
chipdawkin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973699
chipdawkin Reputation: 10

i too am have issues with brand new rgb pro ram. i have a gigabyte ax370 mobo with no option for SPD enabling in bios. the ram sticks were stock rainbow and i was unable to change the colour. after a few restarts and opening/closing icue. one is rainbow pulse while the other is just going every colour on every led node...

all firmware and icue is updated. no other rgb controller apps.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:29 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973704
DevBiker Reputation: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosidos View Post
I'm also having issues with the software not detecting one ram at a time and when it does I'm not able to change the rgbs on it. It just stay an unpleasant rainbow which the colors don't fade in with each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipdawkin View Post
i too am have issues with brand new rgb pro ram. i have a gigabyte ax370 mobo with no option for SPD enabling in bios. the ram sticks were stock rainbow and i was unable to change the colour. after a few restarts and opening/closing icue. one is rainbow pulse while the other is just going every colour on every led node...

Can both of you check with Gigabyte regarding SPD write support for your particular motherboards? This needs to be enabled for iCue (or any control software, really) to control the RGB on the memory sticks. If that's not supported on your motherboard, there really isn't anything that Corsair can do, unfortunately.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:54 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 973751

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipdawkin View Post

I've seen previous bios versions on many motherboards give the lighting recognition/control back.

-Art

Old 10-01-2018, 12:40 PM
726Nine's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974868
726Nine Reputation: 10

I also have the exact same issue. Close icue from task manager then restart it again will detect the rams, but otherwise won’t be visible in icue and no lights either. SPD is enabled

Old 10-02-2018, 10:08 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 974966

Quote:
Originally Posted by 726Nine View Post
I also have the exact same issue. Close icue from task manager then restart it again will detect the rams, but otherwise won’t be visible in icue and no lights either. SPD is enabled
Did you also try other bios versions?

-Art

Old 10-05-2018, 08:10 PM
726Nine's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975319

What u mean “other bios”?all of my bios and icue and ram firmware are up to date, and this only happened after last icue update

Old 10-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 975543

Quote:
What u mean “other bios”?all of my bios and icue and ram firmware are up to date, and this only happened after last icue update
This is referring to my previous message of reverting your bios to a previous version.

-Art

Old 10-12-2018, 07:53 PM
726Nine's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Art View Post
This is referring to my previous message of reverting your bios to a previous version.

-Art
Just tried that and still the same.
Nevertheless, even if it worked, I think it’s not an acceptable workaround, especially if that’s suggested by Corsair, and not just other users.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:11 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 976349

Quote:
Just tried that and still the same.
Nevertheless, even if it worked, I think it’s not an acceptable workaround, especially if that’s suggested by Corsair, and not just other users.
Unfortunately it's what I've seen work and I agree that it's not acceptable but it'd be the work around for now. I'm sorry but if that doesn't work for you I'll have to suggest returning the kit for now.

-Art

Old 10-15-2018, 12:46 AM
726Nine's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Art View Post
Unfortunately it's what I've seen work and I agree that it's not acceptable but it'd be the work around for now. I'm sorry but if that doesn't work for you I'll have to suggest returning the kit for now.

-Art
Do u believe it’s a software issue with icue, or hw issue with the RAM?
Unfortunate I’ve had these RAMs for a while, since it worked fine with the previous icue version, so returning isn’t an option anymore. Plus, if it is an icue issue, returning the HW is just extra work and waste of resources for me as user, Amazon as the channel partner, and Corsair as the manufacturer, since there’s nothing wrong with the physical goods.
Hopefully ur SW team can sort this out with next update. This is quite typical issue of a HW company trying their hands on SW developement. I work for one as well.
Thanks for ur help, Art.
Cheers

Old 10-15-2018, 10:04 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 976483

Quote:
Do u believe it’s a software issue with icue, or hw issue with the RAM?
Unfortunate I’ve had these RAMs for a while, since it worked fine with the previous icue version, so returning isn’t an option anymore. Plus, if it is an icue issue, returning the HW is just extra work and waste of resources for me as user, Amazon as the channel partner, and Corsair as the manufacturer, since there’s nothing wrong with the physical goods.
Hopefully ur SW team can sort this out with next update. This is quite typical issue of a HW company trying their hands on SW developement. I work for one as well.
Thanks for ur help, Art.
Cheers
I think it's a bios version issue, unrelated to us directly.

-Art