Corsair Community

Corsair 750D and SP120 fans

Declare4

I need some help, I have just purchased the Corsair 750D case because it has all the needs I want and it is going to replace my current case. I understand that there are going to be some airflow issues so I purchased 2 Sp120 fans.

Now what my question is,

I am going to replace the 2 intake stock fans the 750D comes with and put in the Corsair 120SP fans in and take the stock AF120 fans the 750D comes with and put the at the top as exhaust. I am just wondering if that is possible to do and if that would help with the airflow of the 750D.

Yes, that is possible and would work well, in fact, as the SP model fans are designed for areas where airflow is restricted such as on radiators or hard drive cages, while the AF model fans work best on open grills.

Thank you. I want to also put a 120 AF fan on the bottom and it blow cool air into or close by my GPU and have 2 more AF 120s exhausting. I think it would help out a lot.

The stock fans are AF140, not 120 (bear in mind difference between SP/AF). I would leave them as is, and add two fans on the bottom of the case where the HDD cages are (you can relocate them below the top drive bays). You may also consider adding fans to the top as exhaust, or even switching the rear exhaust to intake. You have to test to find what works best. Try removing the front cover so the fans are unrestricted.. see how that affects temps. I'm not sure if SP fans would help there since the restriction is coming from the front, not where they are blowing into.

I added two AF120 fans to the bottom of my case, but they don't seem to have helped thus far (more testing needed). I am going to post about this, do some other tests, and give my results soon.

Archived