Corsair Community

h100i v2 high temperature

Bulent98

Hello,

I have owned the H100i V2 for about a two years and I still paranoid about my temperatures and if I got the cooler setup properly.

I overclocked my CPU to 4.6GHZ @ 1.33v

My temperatures are running towards high towards 80-90 degrees and i have seen so many people say they get around 60-70 at high load around 5ghz. Ofcourse CPU can be different and I can't expect to see exact same results but seeing 93 degrees got me scared and paranoid thinking I couldn't mount this properly. It still got the same thermal paste as it did on the day I mounted it.

I recorded a video to show you my temperatures running a test on AID64. I hope you guys understand me

Video [ame=

]
[/ame]

thank you!

I don't see any issue with the cooler itself. The liquid temp goes up about +1C every minute and likely levels off around +6-7C after 10 minutes. Usually it will hold that mark, only going up further with case temp at 1C to 1C rate. Your case temp is something of a penalty right now, although not uncommon for Summer. Your baseline coolant temp was 33C, which was also the motherboard temp sensor. That will do as a general ambient temp check. However, at 1.33v your power on CPU temp rise is going to be around +50C. That means if you start off at 33C "cold", the next number you see is going to be 83C CPU temp and only goes up from there at 100%. There is not a lot you can do about the temps in Summer. I am sure the 10C reduction will be nice in 4-5 months, but for now you probably want to address the voltage.

I don't own a 6700K, but 1.33v seems a little high for 4.6 GHz. The fastest and most efficient way to lower temps is to cut voltage. If you have some extra headroom on there, getting down just under 1.30v will probably help quite a bit. There are some other general BIOS tweaks to make. I can't tell from the AIDA data whether you are running on Auto, manual, or adaptive voltage. If your Z170 has Multi-core Enhancement, turn it off and clock it manually. There may be some other tweaks to make as well, depending on your current settings.

I don't see any issue with the cooler itself. The liquid temp goes up about +1C every minute and likely levels off around +6-7C after 10 minutes. Usually it will hold that mark, only going up further with case temp at 1C to 1C rate. Your case temp is something of a penalty right now, although not uncommon for Summer. Your baseline coolant temp was 33C, which was also the motherboard temp sensor. That will do as a general ambient temp check. However, at 1.33v your power on CPU temp rise is going to be around +50C. That means if you start off at 33C "cold", the next number you see is going to be 83C CPU temp and only goes up from there at 100%. There is not a lot you can do about the temps in Summer. I am sure the 10C reduction will be nice in 4-5 months, but for now you probably want to address the voltage.

I don't own a 6700K, but 1.33v seems a little high for 4.6 GHz. The fastest and most efficient way to lower temps is to cut voltage. If you have some extra headroom on there, getting down just under 1.30v will probably help quite a bit. There are some other general BIOS tweaks to make. I can't tell from the AIDA data whether you are running on Auto, manual, or adaptive voltage. If your Z170 has Multi-core Enhancement, turn it off and clock it manually. There may be some other tweaks to make as well, depending on your current settings.

The voltage is set manual 1.30v now but when I done stability test I got an error so I am thinking to make voltage around 1.305 or something basically to see what is the minimum i can pull off, in terms of multi core enhancement it was enabled now I have turned it off. Have you got anymore bios tweaks you can maybe share that might be able to give some more head room? i have xmp enabled other than that all my settings are default, ram is 3000mhz @ 1.2v if it helps

Hmm.. rats. I was hoping there would be more headroom, just under 1.30v. It seems not or perhaps my remembrance of the range for 6700K is slipping away. These days I have 7700 and 8700K on the brain and it is the same issue. Your voltage on induced temperature rise is always going to be the limiting factor. That is down to CPU material and construction, plus the level of voltage. Aside from delidding, all you can do it attack the second. A manual voltage eliminates most of the gray areas where you get into trouble. The XMP is fine. MCE off. Set it "tune all cores" with a multiplier of 46, which probably already have. You may have to go up a little more on the voltage and if 1.32 is more stable than 1.31, the 0.01 difference is not worth trading for stability. I thought you might be able to get under 1.30 at 4.6.

Try the following for a 6700k. If not stable, increase CPU voltage bit by bit until you find a stable voltage. Your temps should come down to 60C after these adjustments. Settings in bold, are the more important ones.

ASUS MultiCore Enhancement [Disabled]

CPU Core Ratio [sync All Cores]

1-Core Ratio Limit [46]

2-Core Ratio Limit [46]

3-Core Ratio Limit [46]

4-Core Ratio Limit [46]

Xtreme Tweaking [Disabled]

CPU Core/Cache Voltage [Adaptive Mode]

- Offset Mode Sign [+]

- Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage [1.275]

CPU VCCIO Voltage [1.17500] - This is RAM dependant but should be ok for 3000MHz

CPU System Agent Voltage [1.22500] - This is RAM dependant but should be ok for 3000MHz

CPU Load-line Calibration [Level 5]

CPU Current Capability [140%]

IA AC Load Line [0.01]

IA DC Load Line [0.01]

Intel® SpeedStep [Enabled]

And since you are using a 1080 GPU you can also do the following:

Primary Display [PEG]

iGPU Multi-Monitor [Disabled]

Let me know how that goes.

Archived