Corsair Community

Startup delay with corsair products

Sliv22000

So, first of all, i have K95 Platinum Keyboard and a Corsair Glaive mouse. My PC Specs: GTX 1080 TI O11G OC Strix, I7-7700K, Asus Z270f, 32GB DDR4 3,000Mhz RGB Corsair And 960 EVO M.2 Nvme SSD 1TB.

My OS version is: Windows 10 PRO 1803

OS Build: 17134.48

My problem is that on my pc startup screen, my keyboard and mouse wont respond to anything for like 15-20 seconds (very very annoying) and after this time of period all of my corsair products led’s flash together and i can use them and open my lockscreen.

I’ve tried a lot of things, to re-install iCue, to update all of my drivers, to format all of my pc... nothing is working!!! Is this a common problem with iCue? What i can do in this type of situation? Please help.

• Corsair Employee
So, first of all, i have K95 Platinum Keyboard and a Corsair Glaive mouse. My PC Specs: GTX 1080 TI O11G OC Strix, I7-7700K, Asus Z270f, 32GB DDR4 3,000Mhz RGB Corsair And 960 EVO M.2 Nvme SSD 1TB.

My OS version is: Windows 10 PRO 1803

OS Build: 17134.48

My problem is that on my pc startup screen, my keyboard and mouse wont respond to anything for like 15-20 seconds (very very annoying) and after this time of period all of my corsair products led’s flash together and i can use them and open my lockscreen.

I’ve tried a lot of things, to re-install iCue, to update all of my drivers, to format all of my pc... nothing is working!!! Is this a common problem with iCue? What i can do in this type of situation? Please help.

iCUE wouldn't really have much to do with anything in the lockscreen/initial startup (before you login to your Windows user account) since it isn't actually running until you get to desktop.

The only suggestion I have is to try a different set of USB ports (it's possible that it could be whatever USB controller is driving the ports you currently have your keyboard/mouse plugged into).

There is a delay as all of your various services open and commence whatever tasks assigned. How much this is may depend on how many you have and the way Windows handles these things. You could try disabling iCUE from the start-up sequence and then manually launch it from the desktop. That would do nothing for the total time it takes to get up, lit, and ready to go, but it might help with the response time in the prior stage. If it does not, then you also know you need to look elsewhere for the source of this issue.

I returned my Glaive because when it was plugged in my windows boot times slowed down by around 30 seconds (during the windows loading circle on the black screen) and many times it would not respond for around 30sec after logging in. On the odd occasion it wouldn't turn on at all unless I unplugged it and plugged it back in. If you experience any of these things try using a different mouse and see if everything goes back to normal. It did for me.

Archived