Corsair Community

Feature request: ability to send macro text to COM port

aa777888

Team Corsair:

I'm not sure where to put this request, so I'm just taking a shot and putting it here. I would like to throw out a feature request. It might be too obscure but what the heck!

These days almost all ham radios have the ability to accept so called "CAT" (computer aided transceiver) commands. These are simply text strings that are interpreted by the radio. Almost every radio setting is capable of being CAT controlled. The CAT interface is invariably a COM (RS-232) port. It would be really fantastic if there could be a class of text macro supported that could send macro text to any COM port defined in the system. This way an entire keyboard could be turned into a radio command console.

Thanks!

aa

This sounds a little obscure for Corsair to implement lol

Are you or any of your HAM radio friends (in my area there's a huge club) familiar with C++? If so, I think the best way to bring this feature to the Corsair Keyboards is to make your own program using the Corsair SDK that brings the keyboard and radio together.

Also, I know next to nothing about HAM radio compared to you. Please correct me if I am mistaking on anything in this post.

Archived