Corsair Community

iCue doesn't swtich between modes.

ms19

Hello,

This is my first post here so sorry if I'm making any mistakes.

I recently built a PC with 2990wx and H115i for rendering animations.

The issue I'm having is that when I open the task manager only 80% of the cpu is used and the speed remains at about 2.4 GHz. I think this is quite an important performance issue so I wanted to ask what I'm doing wrong...

I'm using iCue but nothing happens when I switch between quite, balanced and extreme modes. The noise is the same and the fan/pump speed is constant on 2220RPM.

I don't want to overclock my cpu but I think I should at least get the base speed and usage.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations.

You have to select the mode and then select the pump - is that what you are doing? Can you show a screen cap?

As for the speed - what are your temps? Both coolant and package temps. And keep in mind that all modern CPUs, ThreadRipper included, will downclock if there's no work to be done OR will also downclock when executing across all cores. The max boost clocks specified are typically for one or two cores, not across all cores.

Thank you for the quick reply. I did it the way you mentioned, first selected the mode and then selected the pump. Here is a screenshot of the situation.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8ekcmv

I guess the coolant temps are on the screenshot. Where can I find the package temps ?

My cpu has been working for a whole day now, rendering an animation.

Is everything as it should be or can I have more performance from this setup ?

Archived