Corsair Community

Corsair SP2500 Problem

Emperorlocutus

I recently purchased the Corsair SP2500 speaker system (a couple of weeks ago) and have an issue where the L/H (Connected with the White connector) seems very muffled. It is not muffled with all songs there are a very few that do not sound to bad but the majority have very muffled vocals and bass instruments with occasional vibration.

Is this a fault with the speakers or the internal sound card any ideas?:confused:

• Corsair Employee
Emperor, can you swap the cables between the speakers to see if it is a speaker issue or a wiring issue? If its a wire, I can easily replace it or you but if it is the speaker, the entire unit may have to be exchanged through your retailer (if possible) or we can do it for you.

Hi Ramguy

I have swap the wires around and the speaker inputs but the L/H speaker stills sounds muffled. I have tested on both the internal soundcard and a brand new Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD I purchased and installed today to see if that would help. Would it be possible to send the speakers back to you for a replacement set? If so could you send me the required info.

Thanks glyn

• Corsair Employee
Conducted some tests, these sound 100% better than the original pair. Still get anoying vibration on the R/H speaker during the Rolling Stones Ruby Tuesday but everything else is alot better.

Have you tried adjusting the equalizer of the software to see if it helps?

Yeah adjusted the equaliser still getting a faint tinney vibration on l/h speaker, the more songs i listen to the more i find with the issue to a greater or lesser degree. Maybe this is just the way they are, i cannot believe I have been unlucky enough to get two bad sets. Another song it is really bad on is Thin Lizzys Waiting For an Alibi.

I have tried taping the noise unfortunately it does playback on the recording. Would it be possible for you to try a set at the factory playing Thin Lizzys waiting for an alibi and see if you get the same distortion. I have tried from CD, Flac format and mp3 all suffer from the same issue. It also affects other songs as well but is really noticable on the This lizzy track.

This really is a serious issue now as it pretty much rules out me listenening to certain tracks in my music collection.

• Corsair Employee
We tested it here and we don't see get any issues like what you're describing. Have you tried to swap the speakers around to see if the issue follows it? I don't know if you did so since you mentioned R/H initially and then said you heard it from the L/H. Finally, how loud can you play the song before the vibration is heard?

Archived