Corsair Community

SCIMITAR PRO - Causing my computer to freeze? Maybe?

Cassias

My computer has been freezing quite frequently. By freeze, I mean locks up, screen is still on, just cannot move the mouse and keyboard. I have to hard-reset. I have tried every troubleshooting suggestion I could find on Google. Its not over heating, not memory issue, sfc/scannow is good.

One theory I read and now forced to explore, is that the freezing could be due to my Scimitar Pro, which I switched to from a Naga. I went to the Corsair website to download the drivers, and saw this Corsair Utility Engine. I installed this, but it does not recognize my mouse.

I guess firstly, can someone help me get this interface to recognize my mouse?

And second, anyone experience this freezing before?

What version of CUE did you install? I haven't heard about the Scimitar causing a lock up, especially if the software wasn't installed initially. Have you tried a different mouse to see if it will stop the lock up?

I just downloaded and installed the latest version on the website.

My computer is less than a year old, and the freezing issues had not occured until using this new Corsair mouse. I did noticed that the buttons on the mouse under the scroll wheel, change the mouse settings, where pressing the #8 buttons opens the Windows start menu for instance. I am wondering if Windows 10 does not like the default settings for this mouse?

No over heating.

No error in SCANDISK

No error in sfc/scannow

Cleaned registry.

Updated drivers.

Checked hardware to be sure everything was plugged in.

I am not sure what else to try.

For instance... I restarted my computer, turned on no program, went to a movie, when I came back the computer was frozen. I thought maybe there was an issue with hibernation/standby, so I disabled those features. I'm at a loss here.

I will use my old naga and see if the issue continues, and post the results tomorrow.

What version of CUE did you install? I haven't heard about the Scimitar causing a lock up, especially if the software wasn't installed initially. Have you tried a different mouse to see if it will stop the lock up?

Update: I've been using my old Naga mouse since yesterday. Computer has been on the whole time, and has not frozen. This is the first time my computer has not frozen since I bought the Corsair mouse. Its official, this Corsair mouse is not compatible with Windows 10 and causes computers to crash. I wish that I still had the packaging to get a refund. So disappointed. I will also state that the first set of Corsair Dominator RAM that I purchased was broken, and had to return it for a new pair of 8gb sticks. My experience is Corsair in the last year has been really crappy. I can't say if/when I will purchase another product in the future.

• 2 months later...
It's definitely the icue software causing problems for whatever reason it decides to lock up the whole computer. It has been happening to me a bunch lately as well. This definitely needs to be fixed sooner rather than later. I have a K95 and a scimitar black Pro.

• 1 year later...

I've been putting up with my computer freezing without reason for THREE EFFING YEARS.

For the past four months I've been using a different mouse because I've been playing competitive mincraft PVP and the scimitar is not ideal for that use case.

Four months without random computer freezes.

For the past two days, I started using the scimitar again. AND MY COMPUTER HAS FROZEN TWICE IN TWO DAYS.

So I google "corsair scimitar computer freezing" and found my way here.

I'm torn between being pissed off and relieved that it's the POS mouse and not my computer causing the issue.