Corsair Community

Commander Pro oddity with firmware 0.1.131

r3v3nant

Hello, I recently installed a Commander Pro and love it. Today I saw there was a new firmware available so I installed it. v0.1.1.131 boot loader v0.3. It seems to be operating ok but there is some different behavior from my favorite lighting effect "sequential". This is my setup:

Commander Pro with

5x HD140 and 3x HD120 RGB lights fan speed control

2x RGB hubs, 1 with 6 RGB fans on it and 1 with 2 RGB fans on it.

I have an H115i USB plugged into the commander pro usb hub.

I have the 6 RGB fans connected to one RGB hub running the sequential light profile pretty much all the time. Before I updated the firmware the random color it picked was always different. After the firmware the color it randomly picks is sometimes the color it just played, or else the color cycle is hanging. I also notice that sometimes the random color is VERY close to the last one, and it will do this like 3 or 4 times in a row. This didn't happen before, trust me, I watched this thing a LOT sort of mesmerized by it. It's not a big deal but it looks like the random color change is hanging. It didn't do this before on the previous firmware. So I am just making note.

I am about to add a lighting node pro to this setup also today.. Should be very colorful. :)

EDIT: is there a way to roll back the commander pro firmware? I am not sure if I am just unlucky or what but I walk into the room a lot right when the random color doesn't seem to be changing and now I am overly focused on that.

The version you have quoted is incorrect and the latest CLCP firmware is 0.1.131 which was released on or before 30-May-2017 which is when I got my 2 x CLCP.

I have just wasted time checking this because of the incorrect information you posted :(:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29940&stc=1&d=1497732776

567992388_ThelatestCLCPfirmwareis0.1_131.png.edaaa805531e9dbb94c051e46068fbd6.png

Oh I missed a period there when I jotted it down. I didn't mean to waste anyone's time for sure. Fixing my post now. (apparently I can't fix the thread title in the forum list view - but in the thread view it's fixed)

Oh I missed a period there when I jotted it down. I didn't mean to waste anyone's time for sure. Fixing my post now. (apparently I can't fix the thread title in the forum list view - but in the thread view it's fixed)

I would hazard a guess that anytime Red Ray has to run Link on his machine it makes him grouchy.:D:

Ha! I reckon so. I have just been catching up on that whole thing.

As for this color behavior I notice with the new firmware I am guessing the "color palate" for the randomizer was allowed a more fine color granularity. I notice a fair amount of the color shifts in the "sequential" pattern are extremely close to each other. So if you aren't paying very close attention they look the same. The timing is such that it looks like it's playing the same color over again but I am guessing it's just ever so slightly different.

Anyways.. it's clearly not a real problem but more of a behavioral change.

I would hazard a guess that anytime Red Ray has to run Link on his machine it makes him grouchy.:D:

I just can't understand why CL 4.7.0.77 takes the best part of two minutes to start-up when SIV takes 1.70 seconds. I doubt CL4 will ever start as quickly as SIV, but feel 10 seconds would be reasonable.

I guess I should entertain using SIV rather than CL.. but I will visit that thread for that whole conversation.

As for my observation it seems to also apply to the random color pick on the led light strips which I installed on the lighting node pro this weekend. Though I prefer the rainbow wave to sequential pattern with the led strips.

Archived