Corsair Community

Suggested settings for memory and board

loganb

Ok so I'm in the process of building a new system, and while the original memory I bought for this system that isn't corsair is being RMA'ed, yes I know, should've went corsair, but I'm trying something new. But back back to the point, I'm trying to get 2 older sticks of borrowed Corsair VS256MB400C3 to work with my DFI Lanparty nF4 Sli-DR and Athlon 64 3200. I sold the sticks I had in the last system, so I'd really like to get these working and stable as I don't want to have to buy new memory when I've already got 2GB of RAM being RMA'ed. As long as I have the divider set down to 1/2 it will work ok, at least boot into windows and let me surf the net and do email. However when I try to run prime95, 3dmark, backup my system onto DVD's, or play any even slightly memory intensive games it restarts on me. I've tried playing with all the settings I can think of, but I just can't get it too work. Is this ram just too old and the board being a high performance board just too picky to work well together???? If anyone has any suggestions on timings or settings for this to work until I can get my new memory back that would be great, but at this rate with all the trouble I'm having with the brand I won't mention I'll probably be back to corsair very quickly

Archived