Corsair Community

keyboard lights going back to default after locking the computer

i got a corsair k70 lux rgb and i was wondering if there was a way to keep my lighting affects going even when i lock my pc. Each time i lock my computer it goes back to the default lighting effects which is the fps preset that is set from the from the factory and sometimes when i go to unlock my computer it doesnt connect and stays as the default lighting which again is the fps preset (red all around except for the WASD and arrow keys) and is really annoying because the only way to get my lighting preset is to restart the computer. i know its not that big of a deal but something thats kinda annoys me.

• Corsair Employee
The K70 LUX can only store static lighting effects to the keyboard. Dynamic lighting effects like the Spiral Rainbow require the CUE software. You can save the static lighting by selecting the profile you want, select the triple line button at the top next to profiles, then select save profile to device memory.

The K70 LUX can only store static lighting effects to the keyboard. Dynamic lighting effects like the Spiral Rainbow require the CUE software. You can save the static lighting by selecting the profile you want, select the triple line button at the top next to profiles, then select save profile to device memory.

i did that in the cue but now when i go to lock my computer the lighting for the keyboard just turns off. there has to be something in the CUE so that when you go to lock your computer or anything like that your lighting affects stay on. like for me i am using spiral rainbow. i like it and everything but i want to be able to see it even when i lock my computer instead of the FPS preset or no lights at all.

Standard lighting effects will not be saved to the keyboard. You will need to make sure the lighting effects are advanced ones. (Use the advanced slider next to global settings).

how do i get my spiral rainbow into advanced mode because i cant figure it out.

Default dynamic lighting effects like spiral rainbow will only show up with the Advanced toggle at the top switched to off. To get similar lighting in advanced, you would need to create them from scratch.

so if i did somehow get spiral rainbow into advanced mode would that then mean that if i were to lock the computer the keyboard would still have the spiral rainbow lighting affect on it or would it go back to default which is the fps one. Also can i import a spiral rainbow file into advanced mode or do i have to create it myself?

• Corsair Employee
When the computer goes to the Lock Screen, the keyboard is not communicating with the CUE software, so the spiral rainbow won't display but the static profile saved to the device memory will show. If you tried to save a dynamic profile to the device memory, the keyboard will show black because it can't save dynamic profiles.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm also very confused as to why the keyboard reverts to the horrible rainbow spiral on the windows lock screen.

I've added a "hardware lighting" effect (type lighting) and well... I think I saved it, but I can't really find a save button anywhere...

Also, I tried to delete the other 3 default profiles, but they automatically get recreated by the software, which is annoying...

EDIT: Damn, figured it out after I registered for this forum... there's a section called "onboard profiles" at the very bottom of the list, and there you must first "clear" the three default profiles, and then "add" your own saved profile in those slots.

Edited by eobet