Corsair Community

SSD RMA Support

Hello, I've got a question about an RMA I sent in. I sent in a Corsair F40 SSD drive which was part of a 4 disk raid setup on my rig. However the replacement they sent me was a Corsair F60 SSD. Now while I appreciate the "upgrade" and I'm sure its because they did not have any F40's the drive is useless to my setup. I was hoping to just pop it back in and copy my image back over to my raid and be back in business. They did not notify me that there was no F40's left or ask if the F60 would be an option before doing so. Otherwise I might have requested my other 3 being replaced as well so I could keep my raid in tact. Do I have any options at this point?

ive seen corsair bend over backwards to help their customers but i sorta doubt they will warranty 3 good drives because you chose to raid them but of course thats just my opinion.

why not avoid long waiting in emails and call them direct.

if your outside the usa you can use skype and call for free.

That is why I posted here because I wanted to know my options before calling. I just want my system back up and running the way it was. I was really happy with the drives performance. But as it stands now I am sitting on this 60gb drive that i can do nothing with. I haven't really seen alot of conversation relating to this happening to anybody else. The drives aren't even 2 years old yet I would think that i could get an "exact" replacement within that time frame. That is why I buy corsair products because in the past I've been able to get replacement stuff after years. If there is nothing I can do then I'll have to accept that. I just cant afford to pop on 4 ssd drives every time 1 breaks I hope that makes sense.

Archived