Corsair Community

Corsair 60GB Force Series GT SSD Updates

lukehoare

Hi,

I have just brought the new Corsair 60GB Force Series GT SSD and before i install Win7 in AHCI I want to make sure I have got the most updated firmware. Just want to know what tools and I need and How I do it.

At the moment there are no Firmware updates for the Force Series GT drives.

Why not? I through there is always new updates?

The Force GT just released this summer, though there should be a Firmware update for it sometime in the next couple of months to try and resolve problems it and other drives using the SF-2281 controller are having with some systems.

Ok Thanks:) Could you tell me how I go about updating my SSD to the new version please.

Also I have got my SSD in AHCI if I put it in RAID will I get better performance.

They have a PDF with instructions.

Corsair Force Series 3 and Force GT Firmware Update Instructions

Make sure you have Adobe Reader or Acrobat installed or a third party program that can read PDF files.

Thanks, also u didnt answear my question about AHCI?

Corsair prefers you to use AHCI when installing the update, I don't think there would be a performance difference between the two, Intel recommends using RAID as it enables AHCI and is more flexible.

Well I have not used it yet, i dont want to have to install win7 and then re install it becuase I'm having proberlems so what should I do?

Use it. If it's stable, keep using it. If it's not stable, flash the firmware then use it some more. Also, please don't double post. It's difficult to keep up with your multiple postings.

Archived