Corsair Community

CMX512-PC2700 with PC3200

bonzo

I currently have a CMX512-PC2700C2 module. I want to add an additional 512.

1. Since the price is the same can I go with the CMX512-PC3200C2PT (incase I upgrade my MB later)?

2. If I go with the PC2700, is the CMX512-PC2700C2PT functionally the same as the non-PT module (CMX512-PC2700C2)? It looks like the heatsink is the only difference.

I am using an ASUS A7V333 with a AMD Athlon XP 2400+

Welcome to the forums, bonzo!

Your best bet for compatibilty is to get another module of the same model.

The PT and non-PT modules are the same, only the heatspreader color is changed.

You could probably get away with a PC3200 module, but you will need to note that the current revision of the 3200C2 module supports only CAS 2.5 on AMD systems.

PLUR

CK

also, the same revision would be needed.

It's a single-channel mainboard, so I think w/ a little relaxation of the latencies, even a newer Rev would play nicely, but Wired is correct, getting the same Revision number would make compatibility less of an issue.

PLUR

CK

OK, so I'll stick with PC2700 (even though I could probably bump up to 3200, but I'll be conservative).

When you speak of the Revision being the same - is that with respect to the new PC2700 also (if not, or if revision=PC2700, nevermind the rest)? If so, how do I find the revision of my existing module, and I would think it would be near impossible to order a specific revision when I order my new module.

Thanks for your all prompt replies and help!

• Corsair Employee

Yes, it is sometimes close to impossible to find a reseller that will tell you what revision of modules they have let alone finding an older revision.

It may be easier to find another use for the modules you have now and just order new memory.

Archived