Corsair Community

Commander Mini

snapper69

Hi, a while ago, I bought a Gelid Speed Touch 6 LCD Fan Speed Controller, however I now see that in order for it to automatically control my fans, I would have to install the thermistor cables to the matching channels.

If I bought a Commander Mini, am I correct in thinking that I will be able to set profiles and control my fans automatically, without using the temp cables, just using the temps as read by Link?

Yes and No.

It will control your fans automatically based on the fan curve you create or manual setting you create. Currently temperature control based on the thermal probes do not work (its suppose to be an option to control but it does not work)

Thanks for that, I don't want to use the temp probes, there are enough cables inside my case as it is. I presume that I will be able to set the case fans to quiet. Looks like I'll be buying a Commander Mini when I come back from holiday. Yeeeaahhh, more money to spend on my computer.

Thanks for that, I don't want to use the temp probes, there are enough cables inside my case as it is. I presume that I will be able to set the case fans to quiet. Looks like I'll be buying a Commander Mini when I come back from holiday. Yeeeaahhh, more money to spend on my computer.

Not exactly (set to quiet)

You can choose what RPM you want the fans to spin at within their specs.

Most fans spin from 800RPM to 2000RPM so setting them at 800RPM should be "quiet" enough

Looks like this still needs to be revisited. I recently got a Dominator® Platinum Series - 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1866MHz C9 Memory Kit. They have a connector that is supposed to allow you to monitor IC temperature and activity. Since they are from the same company, I figured the Commander Mini would allow me to make the required connections to monitor them ... evidently not. :[pouts:

None of the included cables matched the connectors on the memory. To make things worse, I find out in here that the included temperature probes don't work yet.

I was also under the impression from somewhere that I would be able to connect the included LEDs (that came with the Commander Mini) and have them vary their color depending upon the sensed temperature. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find anywhere to make such a change.

Is there any updated information about any further software updates that would allow the temperature probes to work and to allow color variation in the attached LEDs based on sensed temperature?

[Added]

Edited to make clear which lighting I'm asking about.

To my knowledge the memory led's were never designed to vary based on temps on any software version...

I can't find the reference myself but on the Corsair Commander Mini Downloads page, under Known Issues, the first point is:

LED saved settings not persistent after restart if two of the colors are set to 0 (255, 0,0) New firmware revision to address issues will be available in a 2.8 release.

That sounds like a possible starting place.

[Added]

Sorry, I didn't read your post closely enough. You're correct, the MEMORY LEDs do not change color. I was just hoping to be able to attach the memory modules to the Commander Mini to monitor the temperature.

This is in reference to the link lighting strips not the memory module leds.

The link lighting strips that come with the Commander Mini, exactly. I see no way to change their color in the software. Obviously, I'm looking in the wrong place and would appreciate someone letting me know how to set the lighting strips colors.

Make sure they're connected to the mini, then click the light icon that appears in CL software. The image for the light icon is simply a circle that is whatever color the lights currently are, and should be labeled as well.

When you click on the icon (may need to double click), if the configuration menu does not automatically pop up on the right side, click the tab to bring it up.

So far for me, I have been able to get the LED's to do everything they are supposed to (Single color, cycle, and temp-based). Save persistence has not been an issue at all, even with a 255,0,0 setting.

Make sure they're connected to the mini, then click the light icon that appears in CL software. The image for the light icon is simply a circle that is whatever color the lights currently are, and should be labeled as well.

When you click on the icon (may need to double click), if the configuration menu does not automatically pop up on the right side, click the tab to bring it up.

So far for me, I have been able to get the LED's to do everything they are supposed to (Single color, cycle, and temp-based). Save persistence has not been an issue at all, even with a 255,0,0 setting.

Thank you. The LED option was buried at the bottom of the other device temperature and RPM icons on the left side of the System tab in the Corsair Link window.

I have now set the three colors available under temperature and hope to see some change under operation. Since the system always seems to run really cold, I may not. In that case, I will probably try one of the other two settings just to ensure something works.

Thanks again! :biggrin:

Thank you. The LED option was buried at the bottom of the other device temperature and RPM icons on the left side of the System tab in the Corsair Link window.

I have now set the three colors available under temperature and hope to see some change under operation. Since the system always seems to run really cold, I may not. In that case, I will probably try one of the other two settings just to ensure something works.

Thanks again! :biggrin:

You can always tweak the temp values to be closer together, that way you will see more effect for sure. My CPU temp displays in F even though it says Celsius, so when I use the temp LED settings, I have to use some really weird settings. (120 Celcius and being watercooled... hmmm.... seems legit....)

Also, you can drag the led icon out of that left hand side onto the picture in the middle and it will stay there. (Well, it should stay there, sometimes it will bug out and and it go back to the left side)

• Corsair Employee
I believe you can use the Airflow Pro on its lonesome, but honestly, I'm not a big fan of the product in general. It's very clunky; our Dominator Platinum DDR4 actually just sends thermals over the memory bus like the DDR3 should have in the first place, though those temps won't be readable in Link until Link 4.

Archived