Corsair Community

RGB Fan Led Hub not working with both fan leds and led strips

vldmarton

Hello community, I'm a first time corsair user and for my rig I got myself:

1x Commander Pro

3x Corsair Link RGB LED Lighting Kit (6 stripes in total)

1x RGB Fan Led Hub

2x Corsair LL140 fans

So the configuration I was planning to do goes like this:

• Connect Commander Pro to MB
  • Connect RGB Fan Led Hub to one of the two LED spots on Commander Pro
  • Connect 2xLL140 to Fan Led Hub
  • Connect LED strips to the rest of the free slots in Fan Led Hub (for now let's say just 4 of them)

What I do next is that in CLINK i set one of the two channels to two LL fans (apparently there is no way to mix Led strips with Fans in the configuration of the commander pro channel). The thing is that even tough the fans light up, the LED strips won't. If I add 6 LL fans, it's the same case. If I add 4 LED strips, only one fan is visible.

I would like to be able to sync colors of my LED strips with colors of the fans. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for help in advance!

PS: I tried to make a long LED-strip snake out of those 6 strips that I got, but they use 4-pin connector and Commander Pro only has 2x3-pin connectors for LEDs.

It sounds like the strips that you got are the old-style strips that work with the Commander Mini, not the current Lighting Node Pro strips.

So ... that's the problem.

I would suggest that you return those strips to your retailer (if you can) and get the Lighting Node Pro Expansion Kit. This comes with 4 strips and will work directly connected to the Commander Pro.

See the RGB FAQ that's linked in my signature.

It sounds like the strips that you got are the old-style strips that work with the Commander Mini, not the current Lighting Node Pro strips.

So ... that's the problem.

I would suggest that you return those strips to your retailer (if you can) and get the Lighting Node Pro Expansion Kit. This comes with 4 strips and will work directly connected to the Commander Pro.

See the RGB FAQ that's linked in my signature.

Thanks for a quick response. Unfortunately, Im building a wall pc and the strips that I got now are already built-in :-/ Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks for a quick response. Unfortunately, Im building a wall pc and the strips that I got now are already built-in :-/ Is there any workaround for this?

Unfortunately, no, there is not. The strips with the Commander Mini are, AFAIK, completely different specifications than the strips for the Commander Pro. IIRC, I don't think that they are even addressable.

Unfortunately, no, there is not. The strips with the Commander Mini are, AFAIK, completely different specifications than the strips for the Commander Pro. IIRC, I don't think that they are even addressable.

Okay heres an idea - there is a LED header on my Asrock z370 extreme 4 and its a 4-pin, what if I make one long LED strip out of all 6 of them and plug it there?

On that ... I don't know. I'm not familiar with the specs of the CoMini LED strips. The AsRock (and, in fact, most motherboards) that 5050 RGB LEDs on those connectors. IF the CoMini RGB LEDs are 5050 RGB LEDs, then it should work. But I don't know.

Archived