Corsair Community

Windows Lock color changes after CUE is closed K70 LUX RGB

notsherwin

While in CUE I am able to go to the performance tab on my keyboard and change the Windows Lock indicator colors. The color changes properly, and works fine until I completely quit out of CUE. After this, the color returns back to its normal red and light blue. Any fixes?

While in CUE I am able to go to the performance tab on my keyboard and change the Windows Lock indicator colors. The color changes properly, and works fine until I completely quit out of CUE. After this, the color returns back to its normal red and light blue. Any fixes?

I made a post about this here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=927644

and here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=927701#post927701

Someone from Corsair actually made an appearance in the first link but there was no followup.

I'd like to know if:

1) It's due to a bug in the software

or

2) It's a hardware issue.

If it's a hardware issue, is it due to faulty units out there, or does it affect all hardware? Because if my copy of the keyboard is defective I'll put in an RMA but if it affects all the keyboards then there would be no use.

Changing the Lock/Brightness/Profile buttons on the keyboards is a CUE profile specific save. When you exit CUE, you obviously lose the software profile settings. It should revert to whatever is saved as your hardware profile. I am able to change those colors in the Performance sections and save it to my hardware profiles on the K95P. You should be able to do the same on your HW profile with K70 LUX.

Changing the Lock/Brightness/Profile buttons on the keyboards is a CUE profile specific save. When you exit CUE, you obviously lose the software profile settings. It should revert to whatever is saved as your hardware profile. I am able to change those colors in the Performance sections and save it to my hardware profiles on the K95P. You should be able to do the same on your HW profile with K70 LUX.

In the second link I posted, I showed the steps I took which included saving the profile to keyboard hardware and the lock color still changed to a color different from what I set it to. The keyboards I used were the Strafe RGB silent and K65 Lux RGB.

Do either of those keyboards have a hardware save capability? I think the K65 LUX does, but the Strafe does not. I took my older K70 LUX out of the closet and tried to save the Win lock light color to the device. The save system works a bit differently than the K95P and it did not work. Whether this is a software bug or a device limitation is another matter. I guess you will have to weigh the burdens of running CUE and taking advantage of all its features or going without and having that cold, blue light stare at you.

Yes, both of my keyboards have hardware save. Static lighting saves to the keyboard. It's possible the winlock key is the only key out of all the keys excluded from saving to memory.

edit: but that doesn't make sense because the winlock off custom color saves to keyboard.

The more I think about this, the more familiar it seems. I think this has been an issue since launch on the K70 LUX. Obviously that is quite a while and on two different CUE systems. That makes me wonder if it is hardware related, but probably something we need Corsair to help with.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived