Corsair Community

PC turned off twice since NEW PSU

jomari29

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my PC, just last week I bought two parts, PSU and CASE

Since I installed those parts on my PC, my system turned off twice at random and when I power it on again, the case fans, cpu fan and leds would light up in a second and turn off again,

1st time it happened I was on desktop doing nothing then it turned off, first thing I did is to unplug everything, no luck, then I moved it outside to show my dad what the problem is, then it just worked right away.

(worked atleast 10 minutes after error)

2nd time in happened, again I was just on desktop then I left the room and I came back and the PC just turned off, I turned it back on and there it is again, Unplugged everything, no luck, removing the RAM sticks did nothing, I checked all PSU wires to check if all plugged, checked mobo power ports, then I checked and re plugged the front IO pins then It just worked!

whats at fault here? help meh, thanks

overheating aint issue as both happened when room temp is about 20-25 degrees. no overheating warnings aswell.

my system:

i7-4790K

Sapphire HD7950

8GB RAM 1333mhz

2TB HDD

60GB SDD

Corsair HX750i

Corsair 780t

Could be a short somewhere. Like you said, you unplugged the front IO pins and it worked again. Leave that unplugged and see if it shuts down again.

I contacted Corsair and submitted a ticket yesterday, I explained everything and got a reply saying to get it exchanged, seems like it is the PSU according to Corsair.

So I returned it and got AX760i

Archived