Corsair Community

M90 software and hardware mode problems

Laufer

Hi!

Yesterday I purchased M90 mouse. Installed latest software and firmware. While setting up key bindings and macros I met some problems:

1. In hardware mode mouse moves cursor but buttons not responding at all. None of them.

2. In software mode bindings and macro works as I try them in voice program (raidcall), Notepad or in-game chat (typing text). But when I try to use it in game (World of Tanks, ARMA 2: DayZ mod) - they are not responding.

For example binding "LAlt" in "ARMA 2" doesn't make character look around. Macro R+R+R in "WoT" doesn't make tank go forward full speed.

3. When I change mode from hardware to software or otherwise mouse stucks (cursor not moving, buttons not responding). I have to unplug it and plug in again to get it working. Is it correct behavior?

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee

1.) Are buttons not responding in game, out of game, or both?

2.) The game may be blocking the use of macros (which is typical for most online games as its against TOS to use macros). To bypass this, you have to save the macros to the mouse and enable hardware playback.

3.) This is not correct behavior. Is this happening just from checking and unchecking hardware playback? Are you using USB 2.0 or 3.0?

Try re-flashing the firmware and re-installing the software to see if it resolves those issues above and let me know your results. Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for your chipset to ensure your USB controllers are up to date.

1. I can't even launch a game... Ok, just tried to start the game with help of another mouse - still M90 move only cursor. No button click reaction. By the way mouse wheel not working too.

2. I tried another game - Skyrim. Still problem. My M60 where work fine in all games I was talking about.

upd: I assigned left mouse button to 12th mouse button - it works in game. But very strange - when you press and hold button it makes button-press, wait about 50 ms and releases button while I still holding 12th mouse button!

upd2: Made keystroke for Space button. Not working in game (WoT, Skyrim). But works in Photoshop.

3. Try to check and uncheck "Hardware playback" and your mouse will stuck.

upd3: whooops, now buttons working but cursor not moving... its ain't funny...

I don't have USB 3.0 on board - I checked in motherboard manual.

Alright!

a) I uninstalled all mouse software and installed it again under Administrator rights. Reflushed mouse firmware.

b) Also I selected English landuage instead of Russian (localized text looks ugly :sigh!: )

What it changed?

• Hardware playback now works fine (buttons works even in games!). Finally I see selected profile lights :biggrin:
  • Mouse now don't stuck on checking "Hardware playback"
  • Keybindings now hold down keys as long as I hold mouse button.

But still games block macros...

...Just thought: May be its anticheat programm blocks macros? About 2 weeks ago I set up ARMA II with anticheat "Battle Eye"... Should try to remove it...

Any way cheep and rough 10$ mice from a4tech works fine. I never had same problems with them - games didn't blocked macro. Interesting...

Another bug discovered: "Profile select" button goes only up and until 4th profile (no cycling). To switch to 5th and 6th profiles I have to assign "Profile Up" button. To go down from 4th I have to use "Profile Down" button...

Can you approve that or its only my problem?

Hi all,

I've just purchased a M90 mice and I've met some problems:

Firmware and software are corectly installed but the firmware don't even recognize the product (usb 2.0 slot). The mice works by the default windows driver so the configuration I've set cannot be saved on the mice and the extra buttons still doesn't work.

I try uninstalling default windows driver and reinstall corsair software and firware but it still doesnt work. If I unplugged the mice and plugged it again the windows driver are automatically reinstalled :/

I try the beta software...same problem.

Is there anybody who got a M90 working well?

Why are you selling products that don't work?

It is a miss by the way the mice hardware is so amazing!

Please help me to enjoy it guys! I know you can!

system: windows7 32bit / USB 2.0

PS: I use steelseries Z-merc gaming keyboard

I try uninstalling default windows driver and reinstall corsair software and firware but it still doesnt work. If I unplugged the mice and plugged it again the windows driver are automatically reinstalled :/

I try the beta software...same problem.

Beta software is a downgrade. My M90 works with this software and firmware. Not from first time - but reinstalling helped me. And don't argue with Windows - let it install any drivers it wants :biggrin:

Beta software is a downgrade. My M90 works with this software and firmware. Not from first time - but reinstalling helped me. And don't argue with Windows - let it install any drivers it wants :biggrin:

Thanks to you Laufer but it still doesn't work. The firmware always tell me that he can't find any USB device...( those slots are working with other supplies)

I can't do anything with the mice even with the windows drivers now...

I'm very disapointed... I've request an RMA (486644), hope we'll find an issue.

Thanks to you Laufer but it still doesn't work. The firmware always tell me that he can't find any USB device...( those slots are working with other supplies)

I can't do anything with the mice even with the windows drivers now...

I'm very disapointed... I've request an RMA (486644), hope we'll find an issue.

Hmmm... My M60 dies almost like that - firmware can't see it. Also requested RMA.

But you say cursor can be moved by mouse - my didn't responded in any way. Also Windows couldn't see it.

Lets wait for RAM GUY's answer...

• Corsair Employee

Elem: I responded to your ticket so feel free to contact me on there.

Laufer: What macro are you doing, and did you save it to the correct profile, and then save to mouse after enabling hardware playback? Also I tested it and the profile select button does work if you assign it, but don't forget to also assign it to ALL your profiles too. Otherwise when you switch to a profile that does not have the button assigned, you won't be able to select profiles with it since the button is now unmapped.

...when you switch to a profile that does not have the button assigned, you won't be able to select profiles with it since the button is now unmapped.

Thats why other mouse developers make "Profile select" button not reassignable. Sometimes freedom is no good.

Now "Profile select" button works fine - as it should be. I did nothing except of rewriting profile to mouse. All problems now gone. Finally I can play :shootme:

Thank you!

:offtopic:

Now I'll let me make some suggestions about mouses (as long as I have M90 and M60). First of all I want to remind you that users don't read manuals and they are stup... not very smart ;):

1. M90 is a gaming mouse, right? Why did you made software playback mode if most of games blocks software macros? Also before user read manual (he won't, remember?) he won't get why profile LEDs not working? Why profiles don't switch on application that assigned? Why "on-screen display" check box does nothing?

Actually I thought that its another bug of mouse (I used to it), but I forced myself to read manual. Its all explained there, but remember begining of the story? ;):

Idea: Remove software mode at all or make it other way (When specified application launched - write profile data to mouse. Read profile state from mouse and write it on screen. And so on. I have a lot of ideas :rolleyes:).

2. At the beginning of that topic you see what problem appears when you give a user freedom to reassign every button. I'm sure you've got tons of questions about "profile select" button.

Idea: Make "Profile select" button (4) not reassignable. Its useless to assign it to anything else.

3. Its very hard to find (remember? we don't read manuals!) "Save to M90" button. You have to click on "LED" column :confused: Also I didn't get from first time - am I have to save to mouse if I use software mode? Or may be there is another "Save settings" buttons? Seriously, things not clear in your software form.

Idea: Checking "Hardware playback" should switch settings form. So user will see things that allowed by specified playback mode. Also explanation of every mode must be written in tool tip.

That'll be enough for the start. Hope it was helpful :rolleyes:

• Corsair Employee
Thats why other mouse developers make "Profile select" button not reassignable. Sometimes freedom is no good.

Now "Profile select" button works fine - as it should be. I did nothing except of rewriting profile to mouse. All problems now gone. Finally I can play :shootme:

Thank you!

:offtopic:

Now I'll let me make some suggestions about mouses (as long as I have M90 and M60). First of all I want to remind you that users don't read manuals and they are stup... not very smart ;):

1. M90 is a gaming mouse, right? Why did you made software playback mode if most of games blocks software macros? Also before user read manual (he won't, remember?) he won't get why profile LEDs not working? Why profiles don't switch on application that assigned? Why "on-screen display" check box does nothing?

Actually I thought that its another bug of mouse (I used to it), but I forced myself to read manual. Its all explained there, but remember begining of the story? ;):

Idea: Remove software mode at all or make it other way (When specified application launched - write profile data to mouse. Read profile state from mouse and write it on screen. And so on. I have a lot of ideas :rolleyes:).

2. At the beginning of that topic you see what problem appears when you give a user freedom to reassign every button. I'm sure you've got tons of questions about "profile select" button.

Idea: Make "Profile select" button (4) not reassignable. Its useless to assign it to anything else.

3. Its very hard to find (remember? we don't read manuals!) "Save to M90" button. You have to click on "LED" column :confused: Also I didn't get from first time - am I have to save to mouse if I use software mode? Or may be there is another "Save settings" buttons? Seriously, things not clear in your software form.

Idea: Checking "Hardware playback" should switch settings form. So user will see things that allowed by specified playback mode. Also explanation of every mode must be written in tool tip.

That'll be enough for the start. Hope it was helpful :rolleyes:

1.) The mouse is a gaming mouse, but not every game blocks macros. Usually, only MMO's or FPS block macros from working since it presents an advantage over those who don't use them. Most games however will not block you. The software is also there to assist with people who want to use the mouse for macros unrelated to gaming. While it is a gaming mouse, it does serve practicality to those who don't game.

2.) Profile Select is user-selectable because there are already two buttons assigned to the mouse that allow you select your profile (up or down) without having to cycle through the list. This is all preference anyways so while some may prefer what you recommend, others will prefer the up/down instead.

3.) We understand our software isn't the best but we are always working on refining it. Unfortunately it does take time but feedback from users like you are read and passed along to ensure we keep improving in all areas so thank you for your opinions.

1.) The mouse is a gaming mouse, but not every game blocks macros. Usually, only MMO's or FPS block macros from working since it presents an advantage over those who don't use them. Most games however will not block you. The software is also there to assist with people who want to use the mouse for macros unrelated to gaming. While it is a gaming mouse, it does serve practicality to those who don't game.

2.) Profile Select is user-selectable because there are already two buttons assigned to the mouse that allow you select your profile (up or down) without having to cycle through the list. This is all preference anyways so while some may prefer what you recommend, others will prefer the up/down instead.

3.) We understand our software isn't the best but we are always working on refining it. Unfortunately it does take time but feedback from users like you are read and passed along to ensure we keep improving in all areas so thank you for your opinions.

1. MMO mouse don't work in MMO games? Odd thing. Any way when I developed my own macro software based on AutoHotkey it also been blocked by games. I almost lost hope but suddenly got an idea that macro software must be launched under administrator rights. It worked with AutoHotkey macro script. Tried it on OSX.exe (M90 software) - didn't help. Just an idea - try to dig it.

2. Write about it in manual - maybe someone will read it ;):

3. I'm glad. Just don't lose tempo, guys! :whip:

Good luck! :biggrin:

Sorry for hijacking this thread but it is related to my issue and did help me almost get to the bottom of it.

I'm only playing two games at the moment (Diablo 3 and Path of Exile) and I don't want to have any of the buttons assigned as profile changing buttons. Changing profile by accident when playing HC in these games means death most of the time.

Diablo 3 will not play in software mode, only in hardware mode.

How on earth do I change profile without having buttons assigned as profile up or down? If I alt-tab out of the game and change profile from the mouse software it doesn't change the profile. Diablo 3 is profile 1 and Path of Exile is profile 2 but I cannot see any way of changing the profile from the mouse software when in hardware mode.

Surely there must be a way of commanding the mouse hardware memory of switching profile from the software? Also the application assignment doesn't switch the profile in this mode.

I think you can assign one button to cycle through all of profiles. Its a "Profile select" button.

If all of your buttons are busy - open software and replace one profile with another (on a same LED position!) and then write changes to mouse "Save to M90".

That might help :)

update: Just checked it up. Working! Its same thing when if you using M60.

Archived