Corsair Community

Corsair Force GT problem

Hi all,

I built a machine for a friend however the SSD drive looks to be performing slow, on SSD benchmark the read speeds are as follows;

Read speed 431.25

Write speed 84.97

The 2 TB hdd I have installed has a faster write speed what could be the problem?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Specs are as follows;

I7 2600k

Asus Maximus Extreme Z

8GB Corsair Vengence 1866mhz

Corsair H100

Haf X

Make sure the drive is plugged into the second set of Red SATA ports and not the first, the first 2 are the Marvell controller and the next 2 are the Intel SATAIII ports.

Make sure the drive is plugged into the second set of Red SATA ports and not the first, the first 2 are the Marvell controller and the next 2 are the Intel SATAIII ports.

I have tried them it in both and the same thing happens.

Sorry for the poor screen grab;

ssd.thumb.jpg.156ddca966ffeb3a86a0f5186550497c.jpg

I have tried them it in both and the same thing happens.

Sorry for the poor screen grab;

AS SSD uses incompressible data which is harder on SSD's than compressible benchmarks, if you want to test the drive to see if it is reaching manufacturer rated speeds use ATTO, though I will say based on reviews I've seen on the Force GT, that write is lower than it should be, make sure you use the Intel SATAIII ports as Marvells are capped, also make sure you have the latest IRST drivers installed, and that you are using a good SATAIII cable.

Here are the recorded speeds with the utility you mentioned, are they normal :o:

Depends on the version, the Force GT are rated as follows:

240GB: 555 MB/s sequential read525 MB/s sequential write

120GB: 555 MB/s sequential read515 MB/s sequential write

60GB: 555 MB/s sequential read495 MB/s sequential write

Yours recieved 487MB/s Write and 546MB/s Read.

Also I should mention that the AS SSD benchmarks I've seen on the Force GT were for the 120GB.

Depends on the version, the Force GT are rated as follows:

240GB: 555 MB/s sequential read525 MB/s sequential write

120GB: 555 MB/s sequential read515 MB/s sequential write

60GB: 555 MB/s sequential read495 MB/s sequential write

Yours recieved 487MB/s Write and 546MB/s Read.

Also I should mention that the AS SSD benchmarks I've seen on the Force GT were for the 120GB.

I have the 60

Then as far as ATTO goes the drive is performing close to the rated speed, only off by about 10MB/s,
This is most likely due to the overhead of running the OS and drive capacity. The specifications are determined using ATTO on an empty drive attached as storage. All drives, HDDs and SSDs slow a bit as they fill up.

Thanks for the replies,

Something else that I have noticed is that sometimes windows will just become unresponsive and nothing will work and if I press Crtl Alt Delete a message will come up on what would be the menu screen to choose say task manager and say "Preparing security options" for a while and then the drive comes back?

Any ideas on that one

Thanks for the replies,

Something else that I have noticed is that sometimes windows will just become unresponsive and nothing will work and if I press Crtl Alt Delete a message will come up on what would be the menu screen to choose say task manager and say "Preparing security options" for a while and then the drive comes back?

Any ideas on that one

There is an LPM fix that may help with freezing, make sure you have IRST installed and that it is the latest version.

How to fix your SSD freezing issue (we hope!)

yeah i had the exact same issue and the above link that "TheOne687" posted helped to fix it. Alternatively if you just stick with the Marvel controller, you wont get these freezing issues but the maximum R/W speeds will be less (not that you will actually notice it with everyday use though).

I know this will sound stupid but i'm not sure which port the SSD is on, the Marvel controller are the first two and then in the manual it says the port is;

SATA6G_1

The Marvel controller is SATA6G_E1

I have it plugged into the first intel port I think but I don't know what that relates to in ports?

I know this will sound stupid but i'm not sure which port the SSD is on, the Marvel controller are the first two and then in the manual it says the port is;

SATA6G_1

The Marvel controller is SATA6G_E1

I have it plugged into the first intel port I think but I don't know what that relates to in ports?

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1374/93833857.png

The top port should be the first SATAIII port, ASUS really shouldn't have made them the same color, they nomrally dont.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1374/93833857.png

The top port should be the first SATAIII port, ASUS really shouldn't have made them the same color, they nomrally dont.

I have it connected to the first port towards the front on the one you stated, do I still use Port0 in the reg file?

I have it connected to the first port towards the front on the one you stated, do I still use Port0 in the reg file?

Just go to 'Device Manager' and under 'Disk drives' select and right click the SSD and go to 'Properties', the number next to 'Location' should be the port number.

Att: to corsair and i will be notifying evga on my findings. evga sr2 board using the sata 3 port with the marvel 91xx 1407 firmware in ahci mode i did get bsod with trying fresh installation of windows 7 sp1 x64. Proceded with 1701 firmware in ahci mode and working perfect no problems to report i did get read of somthing like 350mb and 140 write or so.

120gb version, i have posted in evga as a problem just so people are aware

I am still having trouble with the drive, the location is 0 in the device manager I applied the fix and about 5 minutes ago the machine blue screened and then the drive was totally missing and the computer would not boot.

After I did a shutdown the drive came back up but this is not ideal to say the least :mad:

I am still having trouble with the drive, the location is 0 in the device manager I applied the fix and about 5 minutes ago the machine blue screened and then the drive was totally missing and the computer would not boot.

After I did a shutdown the drive came back up but this is not ideal to say the least :mad:

Sadly the controller used for the Force GT and Force 3 series, the SF-2281, has issues, Corsair is working with SandForce to try and find a solution. Corsair has suggestions that may or may not help with the stability of the drives.

Force Series 3 Users Having Issues with a Replacement Drive READ HERE PLEASE

Also make sure the board is using the latest BIOS released July 29th, 2011, 0403.

Sadly the controller used for the Force GT and Force 3 series, the SF-2281, has issues, Corsair is working with SandForce to try and find a solution. Corsair has suggestions that may or may not help with the stability of the drives.

Force Series 3 Users Having Issues with a Replacement Drive READ HERE PLEASE

Also make sure the board is using the latest BIOS released July 29th, 2011, 0403.

Do you think this would still happen if the Intel RST drivers are uninstalled?

Sadly the controller used for the Force GT and Force 3 series, the SF-2281, has issues, Corsair is working with Sand Force to try and find a solution. Corsair has suggestions that may or may not help with the stability of the drives. =QUOTE

Just about all the high end SSD's on the market use the sa2280 series controllers in one form or other.

After visiting some of the other mfg. support sites you see the same problems and complaints

looks like some of the problems are industry wide.

Archived