Corsair Community

Ryzen Motherboards that work with Vengeance Pro RAM?

mcnasty

Hey! I just found out that my Gigabyte motherboard doesn't support SPD write, so i cant control the RGB on my Vengeance Pro RAM. A Gigabyte rep already confirmed that for me.

So my question is, do any of you have Ryzen motherboards with Vengeance Pro RAM that you're able to control the RGB with iCue?

I'm still in the window to return my current motherboard and get something else, but i want to be sure to get a board that's actually going to work. I have a Ryzen 5 1600, so it doesn't have to be an x470 board. Just as long as i'm able to control the RGB on the RAM, that's all i care about.

Thanks!

Hey! I just found out that my Gigabyte motherboard doesn't support SPD write, so i cant control the RGB on my Vengeance Pro RAM. A Gigabyte rep already confirmed that for me.

So my question is, do any of you have Ryzen motherboards with Vengeance Pro RAM that you're able to control the RGB with iCue?

I'm still in the window to return my current motherboard and get something else, but i want to be sure to get a board that's actually going to work. I have a Ryzen 5 1600, so it doesn't have to be an x470 board. Just as long as i'm able to control the RGB on the RAM, that's all i care about.

Thanks!

huh? it should work on nearly all motherboards with ddr4. and why would gigabyte say it does not work if they have it in their own software? it should work.

huh? it should work on nearly all motherboards with ddr4. and why would gigabyte say it does not work if they have it in their own software? it should work.

I have a gigabyte a320-s2h and it doesnt support SPD write. I've looked up and down for SPD write in the BIOS, but it's simply not there. This is a reply to a ticket i made with their support.

I60awMU.png

Hey, hey!

Pick yourself a nice Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7, or Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme, Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7, perhaps a Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 or a Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5?

SPD Write (X.M.P) is very unlikely on low-end motherboards, which high-end memory requires.

I'm a fan of the Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7. Let us know which one you upgrade to!

Hey, hey!

Pick yourself a nice Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7, or Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme, Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7, perhaps a Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 or a Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5?

SPD Write (X.M.P) is very unlikely on low-end motherboards, which high-end memory requires.

I'm a fan of the Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7. Let us know which one you upgrade to!

if you want best performance go asrock. if you want usable rgb software go asus. if you want both with instability go msi and if you want the most instability in both hardware and software go gigabyte. this is my experience so far with the brands.

if you want best performance go asrock. if you want usable rgb software go asus. if you want both with instability go msi and if you want the most instability in both hardware and software go gigabyte. this is my experience so far with the brands.

yeah my old core i3 build had a gigabyte as well and there was issues along with crap software. i think i'm going to switch over to asus.

Hello

I have the same problem with the Aorus x470 gaming 5 wifi + corsair Vengeance Pro, can you tell me how to fix it?

Thank you.

downgrade your bios to F20. when i upgraded my bios on my auros x370 to f23 it stopped working, so i downgraded and it works again.

Archived