Corsair Community

Important features needed

Piplos

Why is there no "pause iCUE" setting somewhere? It would be really useful a thing which immediately put all devices to a "default profile" and stops all the iCUE processes and services to 0% CPU. I absolutely need this feature when I need to use CPU-intensive applications or games and I need to kick-out unneeded processes, but iCUE keeps restarting and when I finally manage to kick everything out a crappy distracting rainbow effect appears.

Also, there is still no "default profile" feature which kicks in when the computer is starting or is in a locked state. I'm really tired of that rainbow animation when iCUE is not connected to the LNP. When is this feature coming? In the very first versions of iCUE I remember all the leds were used to simply shut down and I preferred this behavior to the rainbow.

PLEASE. I'M REALLY SICK OF THE RAINBOW EFFECT.

[EDIT 27 nov 2018] Corsair listened to us and it appears there will be hardware lighting in 3.10! Finally!! :eek: :praise:

I'm posting a quick list of users who also complained about the rainbow effect issue:

This can be called a bug or an usability problem, but this actually IS a serious issue and it can be seen that a lot of users are demanding for an appropriate fix.

Like I did, you can also try to help to solve the issue by opening a support ticket like this:

LNP and Commander PRO default profile

To the attention of Corsair Support

I've bought these RGB products:

- 3x LL120 Fans with Lighting Node PRO

- RGB Pro Expansion Kit (four led strips)

- Vengeance RGB Ram

I'm using them with the official iCUE software from the Corsair site

However, I'm experiencing an issue which seriously compromises the overall experience with these products.

If I boot my PC or I lock it (with Win+L shortcut) or I boot any Operating System which doesn't have iCUE software installed, these devices are disconnected from iCUE and display a default too bright full rainbow effect. I really don't like this effect and I want to avoid it by putting some other RGB effect. There appear to be no way to set a default profile to show in these cases (unlike the keyboards or the mouses like Strafe and Scimitar). There is even no way to turn it off.

I've also illustrated the issue in the Corsair User Forum where I found many people having the same problem and complaining about it. There are many threads about that, and you can find an example in this link: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180506

I ask the Corsair Support to address this issue to the development department in order to appropriately fix this issue by giving the user the ability to set a default RGB profile for the abovementioned products.

Kind regards

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, there is still no "default profile" feature which kicks in when the computer is starting or is in a locked state. I'm really tired of that rainbow animation when iCUE is not connected to the LNP. When is this feature coming? In the very first versions of iCUE I remember all the leds were used to simply shut down and I preferred this behavior to the rainbow.

Agreed! There's a 3 page thread about it

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=280

Why is there no "pause iCUE" setting somewhere? It would be really useful a thing which immediately put all devices to a "default profile" and stops all the iCUE processes and services to 0% CPU. I absolutely need this feature when I need to use CPU-intensive applications or games and I need to kick-out unneeded processes, but iCUE keeps restarting and when I finally manage to kick everything out a crappy distracting rainbow effect appears.

I totally agree with this post, I praise for Corsair to listen to us

If your going to do something CPU insensitive then exit iCUE. Software does not work the way you think it does. Its not a movie you cant just pause and un-pause. With that many devices there will always be an some CPU usage.

I can't simply exit iCUE.

1. Corsair Service still randomly uses CPU. (it's closed now and it's using between 0,5% and 1% of CPU, apparently for no reason. Trust me and check it by yourself, it's still using system resources for no reason)
  2. If I exit iCUE I get the retarded unicorn effect which annoys me (Also check this, please)

• Corsair Employee

I don't personally like the rainbow effect myself (it's a personal preference for the most part), but I love the fact iCUE has endless lighting effect customization.

To stop iCUE from using 0.5% of your CPU resources, quit iCUE then "end task" Corsair.Service under task manager.

I don't personally like the rainbow effect myself (it's a personal preference for the most part), but I love the fact iCUE has endless lighting effect customization.

This statement simply means nothing. So what do you think about the rainbow behavior when iCUE is not connected to the LNP? What are you going to do about this?

To stop iCUE from using 0.5% of your CPU resources, quit iCUE then "end task" Corsair.Service under task manager.

Yeah, it's very easy: left click on iCUE icon, click on "Exit", open task manager, go to Processes, find Corsair.Service, then kill it. Pretty straightforward and easy to the user. And then enjoy the rainbow effect!!1!

Now seriously: are you people of Corsair going to do something about these two big issues?

• Corsair Employee

Actually, to a good amount of people, that statement make a lot of sense. Because like what I said, it's a personal preference. You may or may not like it. In my case, the rainbow doesn't really bother me.

Calling it an issue would be a stretch. Although it would be nice to have an option where you can toggle on/off for the default rainbow effect. It's been brought up in the past, but was never addressed since it was never considered an issue, and plus we rarely ran into any complaints on this particular subject.

Calling it an issue would be a stretch. Although it would be nice to have an option where you can toggle on/off for the default rainbow effect. It's been brought up in the past, but was never addressed since it was never considered an issue, and plus we rarely ran into any complaints on this particular subject.

Really?

Just to let you know, here's a quick list of users who complained:

[EDIT] List moved to the first post of this thread

I can find other complains if you want, but I know you are aware of the search function of this forum. Call this a bug or an usability problem, but this actually IS a serious issue and you can actually see a lot of users demanding for an appropriate fix.

• Corsair Employee

I'm not disagreeing with your lighting personal preference, having an option to disable the rainbow default lighting would be nice. I even said it myself that I'd prefer to have that feature. But not having that feature means that that it is an issue. Not having that option does not affect the KB's performance nor it's overall functionality.

I totally know where you guys are coming from, but when I said that rainbow default lighting profile doesn't really bother "A good amount of people" I'm referring to thousands of Commander PRO, LNP, HD fans, LL fans verified owners that either love it or couldn't careless that their system defaults to rainbow when exiting iCUE.

You can add me to that list. Nothing worse than turning on your sleek, custom built PC to a full rainbow effect. I agree the customisation is great but at the right time. I'd still like to select what appears during boot-up.

Thank you, I've added you to the list :)

I'm not disagreeing with your lighting personal preference, having an option to disable the rainbow default lighting would be nice. I even said it myself that I'd prefer to have that feature. But not having that feature means that that it is an issue. Not having that option does not affect the KB's performance nor it's overall functionality.

Ok, let me explain this in another point of view.

Would you like to have a smartphone which flashes the camera led during boot and every time the screen is off? Imagine it constantly flashing while you have it in your pocket. Maybe it's not an issue from the point of view of someone, but is it good for you?

Imagine going to your phone manufacturer explaining this:

"I had an update on my smartphone and now it's doing this flashing all the day. I can't return the phone and I don't have the necessary knowledge to do a downgrade. What can I do?"

Imagine you were answered like this:

"That behavior is considered normal, it does not affect the device's performance nor it's overall functionality. I want the led to be off too, but not having that feature means that that it is an issue, so we are not doing anything about it"

What would you do in these circumstances?

This fully represents the rainbow effect. We are using our PCs everyday. Sometimes we boot up our PC. Sometimes we put them in a locked state so other users wouldn't touch it. Sometimes we even use alternate operating systems (for instance, Linux) where iCUE isn't even considered.

We don't want this constant rainbow unicorn effect. We want to have the ability to set a default profile loaded right into the LNP or Commander Pro so we don't see that crappy rainbow effect every times iCUE is not connected.

I totally know where you guys are coming from, but when I said that rainbow default lighting profile doesn't really bother "A good amount of people" I'm referring to thousands of Commander PRO, LNP, HD fans, LL fans verified owners that either love it or couldn't careless that their system defaults to rainbow when exiting iCUE.

You can agree with me when I say that only a very small percentage of users who bought these Corsair products are registered in this forum.

Even if there's a small amount, in the previous post I showed you a very high amount of these registered users are complaining about this bug.

Thank you, I've added you to the list :)

Ok, let me explain this in another point of view.

Would you like to have a smartphone which flashes the camera led during boot and every time the screen is off? Imagine it constantly flashing while you have it in your pocket. Maybe it's not an issue from the point of view of someone, but is it good for you?

Imagine going to your phone manufacturer explaining this:

"I had an update on my smartphone and now it's doing this flashing all the day. I can't return the phone and I don't have the necessary knowledge to do a downgrade. What can I do?"

Imagine you were answered like this:

"That behavior is considered normal, it does not affect the device's performance nor it's overall functionality. I want the led to be off too, but not having that feature means that that it is an issue, so we are not doing anything about it"

What would you do in these circumstances?

This fully represents the rainbow effect. We are using our PCs everyday. Sometimes we boot up our PC. Sometimes we put them in a locked state so other users wouldn't touch it. Sometimes we even use alternate operating systems (for instance, Linux) where iCUE isn't even considered.

We don't want this constant rainbow unicorn effect. We want to have the ability to set a default profile loaded right into the LNP or Commander Pro so we don't see that crappy rainbow effect every times iCUE is not connected.

You can agree with me when I say that only a very small percentage of users who bought these Corsair products are registered in this forum.

Even if there's a small amount, in the previous post I showed you a very high amount of these registered users are complaining about this bug.

Agree 100% and probably wouldn't have bought it if i had known beforehand. It's even worse on the Omega RGB case.

I'm holding back on a video review in hope it will be fixed soon

Its not a bug... Might be a bad User experience for some but its not a bug and calling it it that wont get it "fixed". If anything its going to confuse some people. They arent saying they wont make changes eventually but that its not a high priority right now.

Its not a bug... Might be a bad User experience for some but its not a bug and calling it it that wont get it "fixed". If anything its going to confuse some people. They arent saying they wont make changes eventually but that its not a high priority right now.

I disagree, it doesn't say anywhere on Corsair's website or Amazon that lighting profiles do not work when the computer is locked or in sleep. That is either a bug or misleading advertising.

Do cooling profiles have this same issue? If they do that can be dangerous to a custom setup.

Stop minimizing the problem. Several users complained about this since its appearance in the very first version. It's a serious issue, call it what you want, but it needs to be appropriately fixed once for all. We need the ability to set a default profile which overrides that ****ty rainbow effect.

All you are doing is minimizing the problem, like "Oh yeah, that should be fixed but I don't want to get to work".

Your approach to customers makes me not to buy Corsair products again. If I had known it before, I wouldn't have bought anything.

I disagree, it doesn't say anywhere on Corsair's website or Amazon that lighting profiles do not work when the computer is locked or in sleep. That is either a bug or misleading advertising.

Can you show me where it says that the lighting profiles do work when the system is locked on in sleep?

You can't. So that eliminates misleading advertising.

iCue disconnects the USB connection when the system is locked. The devices then display a default pattern, which happens to be rainbow. That's actually by design - it's intentional and it's to spec. That means it's not a bug.

Now ... what you can argue is that the design and functionality isn't what it should be. Which I would agree with, by the way, and it's feedback that I've provided as well. But that doesn't make it a bug nor does it make it misleading advertising. It makes it a feature/functionality request.

Well, i purchased 3x ML RGB 120 fans, 3x ML RGB 140 fans and a Lighting Node Pro with 4 RGB LED strips (with a total cost of more than 250 euros) for the sole reason that they had a feature called "HARDWARE PROFILES", which guess what... does NOT work with iCUE.

Hardware Profiles are supposed to let you save a profile into hardware so it plays ALWAYS as default. And when i say "Always as default", that includes before loading Windows, when windows goes to lock screen, etc...

I purchased the ML fans which have "HARDWARE PROFILES" feature just because i wanted that feature so i could AVOID having the rainbow effect, AT ALL. I could have purchased the LL fans, which have a hell lot more LEDs, but those have no "hardware profiles". So i got the ML ones which have the disadvantage of just having 4 LEDs, but have the advantage of having "hardware profiles".

So to my understanding, not having working hardware profiles is a big big issue, because it makes some products NOT work as advertised. Maybe not having a product work as advertised is not an issue for you, but it is a big issue for every customer who purchased your products expecting hardware profiles to work as advertised.

So please, add me to the list of complaints.

Do cooling profiles have this same issue? If they do that can be dangerous to a custom setup.

It doest say that I wont get a car with my purchase of the keyboard. Please do explain how your computer would heat up when its in sleep...

Its not a bug and its not misleading advertising. Its clueless users assuming what they want because they believe tech works like magic.

Stop minimizing the problem. Several users complained about this since its appearance in the very first version. It's a serious issue, call it what you want, but it needs to be appropriately fixed once for all. We need the ability to set a default profile which overrides that ****ty rainbow effect.

All you are doing is minimizing the problem, like "Oh yeah, that should be fixed but I don't want to get to work".

Your approach to customers makes me not to buy Corsair products again. If I had known it before, I wouldn't have bought anything.

Its not a serious issue, you dont get to make that call. You dont work for them. Not buying their stuff... You've said that before over and over again. You also said you'd be selling all that "crap"

And I DONT work for them so it really doesnt matter what I want to work on, or what I want from them.

Its can be called a bad UX but its not a bug so stop spreading misinformation, and making it seem like its a bug that will be patched. Like I said. Its not a high priority but it doesnt mean changes wont be made.

Not buying their stuff... You've said that before over and over again. You also said you'd be selling all that "crap"

First, you also don't seem working for them, you look like a Corsair fanboy. I've had enough about this crap.

Second, I never said I would sell that "crap", because I want to be fully refunded as I paid a lot for something that works very badly. It's not up to me to remedy for my bad experience, it's up to Corsair. I didn't pay something like 5 dollars, I paid 600+ euros and for that price I would expect everything WORKING, or I would have bought something else.

In the light of all this, I think it's my right to complain (like many users in this forum) so I invite you and all the other fanboys here in this forum to dispense your wisdom elsewhere.

Well, i purchased 3x ML RGB 120 fans, 3x ML RGB 140 fans and a Lighting Node Pro with 4 RGB LED strips (with a total cost of more than 250 euros) for the sole reason that they had a feature called "HARDWARE PROFILES", which guess what... does NOT work with iCUE.

Hardware Profiles are supposed to let you save a profile into hardware so it plays ALWAYS as default. And when i say "Always as default", that includes before loading Windows, when windows goes to lock screen, etc...

I purchased the ML fans which have "HARDWARE PROFILES" feature just because i wanted that feature so i could AVOID having the rainbow effect, AT ALL. I could have purchased the LL fans, which have a hell lot more LEDs, but those have no "hardware profiles". So i got the ML ones which have the disadvantage of just having 4 LEDs, but have the advantage of having "hardware profiles".

So to my understanding, not having working hardware profiles is a big big issue, because it makes some products NOT work as advertised. Maybe not having a product work as advertised is not an issue for you, but it is a big issue for every customer who purchased your products expecting hardware profiles to work as advertised.

So please, add me to the list of complaints.

Thanks for giving us your experience, I'm adding you to the list

Can you show me where it says that the lighting profiles do work when the system is locked on in sleep?

You can't. So that eliminates misleading advertising.

Its not a bug and its not misleading advertising. Its clueless users assuming what they want because they believe tech works like magic.

The Very first thing you see on the screen on Corsairs iCue Website:

INTELLIGENT CONTROL, UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES

CORSAIR iCUE software connects all your compatible products together in a single interface, giving you complete control of everything from RGB lighting and effects to fan speeds and temperature monitoring.

I Don't have complete control of my RGB lighting, I have control most of the time, when the computer is in the right state.

It doest say that I wont get a car with my purchase of the keyboard.

It doesn't, but that is a terrible analogy, Lock and Sleep are NORMAL day to day functions of a PC.

A car is not a normal function of a PC.

Please do explain how your computer would heat up when its in sleep...

Not sleep, but lock definitely.

Start rendering a project that will take 4 hours? lock the PC and walk away, that's normal.

Archived