Corsair Community

Couple of strange bugs

PARANOIA

Just got my spanking new Strafe RGB (Red switches) a few days ago and swapped in some fancy keycaps. All was well until I noticed a couple of annoying issues.

1) The lights on random keys seem to flicker on and then off quickly I usually spot them out of the corner of my eye but they seem to flicker green.

2) Setting the top left Corsair logo to any colour that requires red value of more than 0 (e.g. white, yellow, orange, purple, etc.) will cause some other keys to light up in dim red (right application menu key, Numpad 1,2,6). This happens even with the default effects. I've tried replugging in the keyboard and updating CUE to the latest .86 version. http://i.imgur.com/QH36ZSJ.jpg / http://i.imgur.com/pAwbUpE.jpg

Are these known issues or should I get a RMA? The thought of having to reinstalling all the stock keycaps again isn't fun...

1) Some people have reported a light flicker issue with Strafe RGB but is really is quite random so far and no one has been able to properly/constantly reproduce it as far as I know.

2) This is the first time I hear about such issue. Could you export your Strafe RGB profile and upload it here? I'll try to import it into CUE and see if it happens for me too.

1) Some people have reported a light flicker issue with Strafe RGB but is really is quite random so far and no one has been able to properly/constantly reproduce it as far as I know.

2) This is the first time I hear about such issue. Could you export your Strafe RGB profile and upload it here? I'll try to import it into CUE and see if it happens for me too.

1) Yes, I was looking through the other threads too...I hope the cause will be pinpointed and fixed soon. :)

2) Sure thing but it seems to happen in any profile that has the logo in certain colours.

Thanks for your help either way. :)

Custom.prf

Bugs with CUE software

1) I set the FN key to "Right GUI" (Windows key). Shortcuts work but the problem is it works differently from the other normal (left) Windows key. For example pressing Winkey+E on the left Windows key will bring up File Explorer as it should, however, pressing the remapped FN key+E will bring up the File Explorer and open the Start menu.

2) Cloned modes share the same Reactive Lighting settings as the one it was cloned from with no way of changing it without it affecting the one that it was cloned from as well.

Bugs with CUE software

1) I set the FN key to "Right GUI" (Windows key). Shortcuts work but the problem is it works differently from the other normal (left) Windows key. For example pressing Winkey+E on the left Windows key will bring up File Explorer as it should, however, pressing the remapped FN key+E will bring up the File Explorer and open the Start menu.

2) Cloned modes share the same Reactive Lighting settings as the one it was cloned from with no way of changing it without it affecting the one that it was cloned from as well.

Confirmed Bug 1 & 2. Ill report it the moment i get home. Or one of the others will get to it before me.

Lol i suspected # 2 would crop up at some point.

Edit: Reported.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Bumping this thread to ask if there is an official fix or statement regarding the above bugs. I've since updated my OS to Win 10 and my keyboard is on the latest drivers and CUE2.

Random flickers, partially lit keys, and the remapped windows key issues still remain.

The flicker issue is something that they know and mooonths ago but still not "official fix" yet.

I have a k70rgb lux with se same flicker issue as so other members here in the forum. Since 3 or 4 days I put the CUE.exe run as administrator and seems it have fix that flicker!

I dont wanna say "finally fixed!" but it seems that worked for me

For the rest of the issues I can't help you

The only keyboards with flicker that cannot be solved are the old/legacy K65/K70/K95 RGB keyboards. All the new Strafe, RAPIDFIRE and LUX keyboards have an updated LED controller that fixes the flicker.

If you are seeing flicker on a K70 LUX RGB, then there's a problem somewhere. Running the program as administrator shouldn't theoretically change anything for that, it is indeed odd that it fixes the issue for you.

The only keyboards with flicker that cannot be solved are the old/legacy K65/K70/K95 RGB keyboards. All the new Strafe, RAPIDFIRE and LUX keyboards have an updated LED controller that fixes the flicker.

If you are seeing flicker on a K70 LUX RGB, then there's a problem somewhere. Running the program as administrator shouldn't theoretically change anything for that, it is indeed odd that it fixes the issue for you.

I'm using the Strafe and am still getting the flickering as well as the other issues I pointed out above. The silence from the Corsair team is quite disappointing. It's as if they are trying to sweep the issues under the rug instead of admitting/fixing them.

I'm using the Strafe and am still getting the flickering as well as the other issues I pointed out above. The silence from the Corsair team is quite disappointing. It's as if they are trying to sweep the issues under the rug instead of admitting/fixing them.

Remember that the forum is not an "official support area". They do check/reply on here from time to time but for a fast/official reply you should always submit a ticket.

These days with BlizzCon I guess they were also busy enough to not have too much time to spend on the forum.

• 1 year later...

Archived