Corsair Community

AX1200i Replacement not being detected at all

WhiskeyOmega

Just got a replacement for my faulty psu and the new one isn't being detected by windows at all.

The little usb light on the interface/cable comes up green to start with during boot but when windows starts it goes dark. There doesnt appear to be anything in device manager that looks like it or in SIV as the USB Bus isnt seeing it either. Have I got another faulty PSU?

There doesnt appear to be anything in device manager that looks like it or in SIV as the USB Bus isnt seeing it either.

Have I got another faulty PSU?

The Corsair Link AXi PSU USB Dongle should show up on [uSB Bus] even if the C-Link cable is not connected to the PSU, so it's more likely an issue with the Corsair Link AXi PSU USB Dongle.

Can you try a different USB header?

Does Device Manager report any errors? If so what is the error code?

Quite often I can deduce things from SIV screen shots that most SIV users can't, but if you don't post them then I can't.

No. Device manager doesn't see any errors.

Here are the SIV screens

USB Bus

https://i.imgur.com/cbm2gZJ.png

Link Devices

https://i.imgur.com/2ON0AIq.png

That is the Corsair Integrated USB Bridge? If it's got a C-Link port can you try connecting the AX1200i to that port?

Looking at [Link Devices] then a Corsair Link AXi PSU USB Dongle has never been detected and the driver installed. Has a AX1200i even been reported?

Given you are running W10 RS4 build 16362 I suspect one may have been in the past, but when you installed RS4 it was lost.

As you are running the RS4 insider build you should also use the SIV beta releases that support them. I released SIV 5.23 yesterday which has RS4 build 16362 support and advise you to update.

That is the Corsair Integrated USB Bridge? If it's got a C-Link port can you try connecting the AX1200i to that port?

Looking at [Link Devices] then a Corsair Link AXi PSU USB Dongle has never been detected and the driver installed. Has a AX1200i even been reported?

Given you are running W10 RS4 build 16362 I suspect one may have been in the past, but when you installed RS4 it was lost.

As you are running the RS4 insider build you should also use the SIV beta releases that support them. I released SIV 5.23 yesterday which has RS4 build 16362 support and advise you to update.

Just managed to get it working again for some odd reason. Got a green light on the usb dongle and link devices detects it. Yes I must admit throwing a RS4 build into the equation has messed things up a bit. Ill try the beta and report back

Here is the new link devices screen

kgRv7s0.png

5.23 Works a treat! Not sure now what the issue was originally with the system not detecting it at all. Its just suddenly working.

With insider builds old SIVs will happily control your CL hardware, but some of the ACPI method reporting won't work. If general when there is a new RS4 build Tamas (AIDA64) or I will check the ACPI operation out and I will release a new SIV beta.

I don't know why it "just started working", but am pretty sure it must have been a hardware issue.

I am wondering which variant of the AX1200i you have, please will you post the SIV 5.23 [Link Status] so I can check?

With insider builds old SIVs will happily control your CL hardware, but some of the ACPI method reporting won't work. If general when there is a new RS4 build Tamas (AIDA64) or I will check the ACPI operation out and I will release a new SIV beta.

I don't know why it "just started working", but am pretty sure it must have been a hardware issue.

I am wondering which variant of the AX1200i you have, please will you post the SIV 5.23 [Link Status] so I can check?

Well I had the AX1200i plugged into a usb header on the motherboard where as I did want it on the commander pro but when I plug it into the commander pro windows freaks out with multiple usb device not recognized hazard triangle messages over and over OR it comes up in SIV saying Error 31: A device attached to the system is not functioning

I wonder if this is todo with the new windows build as it works normally again when I put back in the motherboard header.

I didnt realize there were variants and as my old AX1200i was 5 years old i wouldnt be surprised if it is different and whether or not this would cause problems as well .

inxz4UD.png

I didnt realize there were variants and as my old AX1200i was 5 years old i wouldnt be surprised if it is different and whether or not this would cause problems as well .

Neither did I 'till the other week, but there is. Your new AX1200i reports Firmware V0.0.01 and the old one would have been Firmware NA.

SIV 5.22 reported all but the V0.0.01 firmware PSU OCP information correctly and 5.23 address this.

Neither did I 'till the other week, but there is. Your new AX1200i reports Firmware V0.0.01 and the old one would have been Firmware NA.

SIV 5.22 reported all but the V0.0.01 firmware PSU OCP information correctly and 5.23 address this.

I thought my old one reported V0.0.01.

Anyway do you think the commander pro has a issue or is there just some incompatibility between all the devices/windows build going on?

I thought my old one reported V0.0.01.

Anyway do you think the commander pro has a issue or is there just some incompatibility between all the devices/windows build going on?

Maybe, how old was it? The first time I came across this was on 17-Aug-2017, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=916440.

I don't really know. For me to sensibly comment I suspect I would need to have the physical access to the hardware and run some checks myself. I just connected a Corsair Link AXi PSU USB Dongle to one of my CLCPs and it's working fine. I would need to do similar tests with your CLCP.

BTW, SIV only supports Corsair RGB DIMMs + LED DIMMs so don't specify -AIOLED. It's harmless, but pointless to do this.

Maybe, how old was it? The first time I came across this was on 17-Aug-2017, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=916440.

I don't really know. For me to sensibly comment I suspect I would need to have the physical access to the hardware and run some checks myself. I just connected a Corsair Link AXi PSU USB Dongle to one of my CLCPs and it's working fine. I would need to do similar tests with your CLCP.

BTW, SIV only supports Corsair RGB DIMMs + LED DIMMs so don't specify -AIOLED. It's harmless, but pointless to do this.

5 Years old. Have you tried this build (16362) with the CLCP and Axi usb dongle ?

Any help you need on testing let me know.

Have you tried this build (16362) with the CLCP and Axi usb dongle ?

I had not, but I just managed to find some cables and did. As you can see below all is as expected, but I was seeing an I/O Error 31 'till I installed the Corsair Link AXi PSU USB Dongle driver.

BTW which NVidia drivers do you have please? Both my RC3 + RC4 systems tried to install the new 9/3/2017 drivers, the installs failed and currently have no GPU drivers at all :mad:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31147&stc=1&d=1505544790

REG.thumb.png.c944fff33c28294e310aeac2fc387e94.png

I had not, but I just managed to find some cables and did. As you can see below all is as expected, but I was seeing an I/O Error 31 'till I installed the Corsair Link AXi PSU USB Dongle driver.

BTW which NVidia drivers do you have please? Both my RC3 + RC4 systems tried to install the new 9/3/2017 drivers, the installs failed and currently have no GPU drivers at all :mad:.

hmm ill have to try again with the driver. I did try it before and nothing came up. Yes Im running the windows update nvidia drivers from 3/9/17 they did install fine over 384.94 but came up with graphical errors in chrome after. A reboot seem to fix it though

Archived