Corsair Community

New first time RGB build, not sure about parts.

Garrett_

I have a bunch of new equipment coming in (see specs) and I've ordered 4 HD140s (1 kit, 2 singles), 3 HD120s (kit), the HX1000i, Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro and the H110i.

I'm slowly trying to wrap my head around how all these components get wired together to take advantage of the Corsair Link software and if everything I've ordered includes all the cables in order to accomplish this? I want to be able to order anything else I might need prior to starting so I don't need to stop mid build.

Any direction or advice on what to expect would be greatly appreciated!

I have a bunch of new equipment coming in (see specs) and I've ordered 4 HD140s (1 kit, 2 singles), 3 HD120s (kit), the HX1000i, Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro and the H110i.

All of what you have ordered is fine and should allow software control of the fans + LEDs.

My only concern is that you may need 2 x motherboard USB headers. Do you have two spare ones? If not you could move the pins which is what I did, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585

All of what you have ordered is fine and should allow software control of the fans + LEDs.

My only concern is that you may need 2 x motherboard USB headers. Do you have two spare ones? If not you could move the pins which is what I did, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585

I read one of your earlier threads and ordered a NZXT Hub already since my MB only has one 2.0 header. Any advice on the logistics of wiring all this stuff together? I'm sure I can figure it out just not overly comfortable with trial and error.

I'm sure I can figure it out just not overly comfortable with trial and error.

I can't really advise you as I have no real idea as to what you may find tricky.

I suggest you wait 'till the hardware arrives, hook it all up on you desk first to check it's all working and take things from there. This is what I would do.

I can't really advise you as I have no real idea as to what you may find tricky.

I suggest you wait 'till the hardware arrives, hook it all up on you desk first to check it's all working and take things from there. This is what I would do.

Will give that a shot, thank you!

Archived