Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Question

imotep

I've had Corsair products but this is my first time diving into Corsair Link and a central hub- Commander Pro. I watched the video on Corsair Link but was wondering a few things. Hey, the Corsair guy even said, drop in the forum and ask away!

Did I do this right?

1- I placed the Commander Pro on the side below the motherboard (far down). Kind of like in the middle between the case fans.

2- I plugged the 3 case fans (760T) into the Commander

3- Plugged the commander into the USB2.0 header on my MB

I have the h115i presently plugged into the USB2.0 header on the MB.

I have the HX1000i and noticed I ran out of USB2.0 headers on the motherboard. Can I plug in the PSU's LINK cable into the Commander Pro? The video says that the Commander Pro comes with a USB header to increase the USB headers we can have

Should I leave the 115i plugged into the MB CPU FAN/Waterpump fan control socket? Did I hear in the video you can plug the 115i into the Commander Pro?

Any tips? Commander Pro and Link? Where to place the temp sensors? I was thinking where I would place a DVD drive ( I didn't) the space between the PSU and SSD drive cage (the smaller one, not the one by the intake fans). Not sure were to put the third.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Seems like not building a system in more than a few years, things changed and I rather feel overwhelmed.

Yes, this is what I would do :nodding:

Got everything hooked up. FIred up my system earlier to at least flash the bios which was successful. Things were going too well that I ran into a roadblock; when I boot to windows on a bootable USB; it doesn't see my NVMe drive. Gonna research that issue.

Got a question. When should I install Corsair Link? After all drivers are loaded?

Thanks. Got the chipset drivers, Windows 10 going. Loaded Geforce drivers and just finished installing Corsair Link. My case fans aren't showing up, the PSU, or the h115i (there is a reference to MB fan).

In CL what shows up:

CPU

NVME

DRAM

MB

Video card

Ok, did some tinkering today and I found that I made a major blunder. I forgot to plug in the SATA cable for the Commander Pro. Any tomatoes thrown this way, please put in your salad lol. Everything is reporting and my case fans are a spinning :) I totally forgot I was doing some wire re-management and forgot to plug it back in. Thanks everyone!

Archived