Corsair Community

Screen standby mode does not work with Corsair Link

ZMkR

Hi!

While the service of Corsair Link is running (not the app), the monitor's standby mode does not work. If I disable the service, it works fine.

I use the latest version of Corsair Link and Windows (Creators update). I recently format my pc and with the previous version of Windows also happen. I also have the latest drivers of Nvidia.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi!

Yes, I have a few ASUS process and services running (AISuite3, aaHMSvc.exe, Asus Push Notice Server, ASUSWSAgent, atkexComScv.exe)

About USB power management, which options should I check?

Thanks!

Asus AI Suite does not play well with Corsair Link. This may not be your problem but running both concurrently is likely to cause strange and intermittent problems due to both programs not using the proper interlocks to access the SMB Bus. I suggest stopping AI Suite and see if things settle down. After exiting the program, go into Windows Services and make sure any related ASUS services are stopped.

I am not familiar with Gigabyte BIOS but look for anything having to do with USB power management and disable it. I think there is also a setting for this in Windows Power Plan. Good luck!!

Thanks guys, but there was no luck. I've tried to stop all the Asus programs and services with no results. The Gigabyte software is not the problem either.

My mobo is not controlling any of USB power management, apparently, and Windows power management settings is set by default.

Like I said, the only solution is stop the Corsair Link 4 service. I know it because I format my PC a few days ago and every thing was fine until I installed it.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
At the risk of requesting more work, I want to pin down why this is happening. Assuming a totally clean install of Windows 10, drivers only - no actual aftermarket software (i.e. AI Suite, Gigabyte/Aorus software) - if you install Link 4, does the problem immediately surface?

Sadly, I have not enought time to do so right now.

I don't find any solution, so at the moment I opted for kill the Corsair Link tasks and services few seconds after Windows boot using a little VBS script. I just need Corsair Links loads my FAN and RGB setings. After that, I don't need it, so it doesn't matter if is not running.

Thanks!

Archived