Corsair Community

Corsair LL Series Fans - Specs & Commander Pro Control?

SpeedyV

I see Corsair has released their new LL series fans with 16 LEDs. The documentation says they can be controlled by a Lighting Node Pro. Can they also be controlled by a Commander Pro?

LEDs aside, they seem to be inferior to the HD-RGB series. Less airflow, lower static pressure and similar noise level. I wonder if there is a reason they could not just add more LEDs to the HD-RGB series. As fans, these seem to be inferior in every way to the HD-RGB and ML series fans.

They are also more expensive that the HD-RGB or the ML series. I guess one needs to decide if they want the best cooling or the best bling...

Finally, are new presets coming out for Link that are designed for these fans?

My question as well about Commander Pro control. Nice chart on the Thermalbench site illustrating some of the differences between the various models.

http://thermalbench.com/2017/10/12/corsair-ll140-rgb-140mm-fan/3/

LEDs aside, they seem to be inferior to the HD-RGB series. Less airflow, lower static pressure and similar noise level. I wonder if there is a reason they could not just add more LEDs to the HD-RGB series. As fans, these seem to be inferior in every way to the HD-RGB and ML series fans.

I am a little curious about this as well. From the specifications, it appears to be the same as a HD fan in both motor, blade, and range. Obviously the ring and +4 LEDs are physical differences, but don't see why that should affect the performance in any way since the LEDs do not share power draw with the motor. I was expecting the LL to be a performance match for the HD. Perhaps there is a little more rake to the blade I can't see in pictures. It is not surprising it lags behind an ML or something similar on a radiator. Those are purpose built fans and the HD/LL series are meant to be universal in application. It would be too difficult to have different fans types with identical power usage that still fit into the control scheme. Regardless, radiator differences should be minimal and only people running on the jagged edge need to fuss over this.

EDIT: I am wondering if the hub is bigger on the LL. That may account for some of the differences and is likely necessary to accommodate the 4 LEDs located there. Probably has more mass as well.

Archived