Corsair Community

360 rad mount interchangeable 570x

John82wa

Was wondering if the front radiator tray is swappable with the top. Also wondering if the 360 tray can be purchased separately. I’m trying to avoid some more tearing down if someone happens to know.

I need 2 120 fans mounted as exhaust but need the fans mounted closer to the rear of the case so I can allow room for the fittings off the front 360 rad.

Nice XSPC loop! I am a big fan of theirs, I have the Raystorm Pro and 170 Photon pump as well. I never knew the Photon could be white, so that is interesting. Are you looking at running dual 360mm rads?

You can buy the 360mm front for $4: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Crystal-570X-Front-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900038

Couldn't you pull the top tray and try dry fitting it to the front and see it that works? Also I see you don't have any of the lines run, so it shouldn't be that hard to move things around, unless this is an old photo. The 570x looks almost identical to the dimensions of my case and I didn't go with the 570x as it didn't advertise dual 360mm rad support. My case did, though they shouldn't have advertised that. I spent hours figuring out how to get two 360mm slim 30/27mm rads to fit. Took tin snips, drilling, and many hours of labor to get it to work. I am guessing Corsair didn't want to over promise and under deliver. In diagrams of my case that showed the dual 360mm rads, they didn't have the end block and inlets scaled to size and that is what I ran into problems with.

My Case: 19.57" x 8.54" x 18.78"

570x: 20.16" x 9.21" x 18.90"

To be honest looking at it further, I bet I could get two 360mm rads working with the 570x with a little bit of modification. It might be easier than my current case as the PSU shroud doesn't run all the way to the front. I bet the same is true with the 500D andSE. I had to drill 4 holes in the basement shroud, drill out rivets and tin snips to cut away a 3.5" drive mount. Get the 360 top mount and give it a try. The only problem I might see is your rad is thicker than mine..

After looking into this a little bit more, I realize that my fans and rad are mounted directly to the roof of the case, the 570x looks like it has about an extra inch of space between the glass and the top of the case. This reduces the clearances a bit. This might be a deal killer or prevent a 3rd fan from being mounted to a top 360mm rad. It might even be to small for a low profile 15mm fan

A way around this might be to mod the case by cutting a hole below the front rad and dropping the inlet's end cap below the case and running two lines that come up from the bottom of the case. This should give enough clearance and the bottom of the case will be covered by the shadow of the case. Then again the back of the end block might be exposed by the front :(

Another idea is to mount the rad to the top and take off the glass up top and use some type of fan grill to mount the fans above the case:

http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/main/flc-mnp-46.jpg

I don't know how the case top looks naked, though it might work, though the only problem is no fan filters if you are running intake from the top.

It is amazing how long it takes to figure ways to get a water cooling loop to fit in a case that it wasn't designed for. Though modding was how people use to do it when a 3rd of the cases use to be 5.25" and 3.5" slots. I am betting a case like the 1000D should be relatively easy to setup a large custom loop as that case is like a PC Penthouse!

I need the glass top for the case as I have cats who think it's a step and or bed Aesthetically I prefer it on. Sounds like I will just order the front 360 fan tray and this should resolve it. Ran in to a few problems with this thick of a radiator and the pump was suppose to mount on the radiator but it wouldn't fit. I had to take the bracket and drill into the case and thread it so I could screw the bracket directly to the case. It barely fit. This presents more problems but slowly working through them.

As for the XSPC pump, the bottom cover is the Bitspower mod kit and then I took the bracket off the pump and painted it the same as my GPU backplate.

I need the glass top for the case as I have cats who think it's a step and or bed �� Aesthetically I prefer it on. Sounds like I will just order the front 360 fan tray and this should resolve it. Ran in to a few problems with this thick of a radiator and the pump was suppose to mount on the radiator but it wouldn't fit. I had to take the bracket and drill into the case and thread it so I could screw the bracket directly to the case. It barely fit. This presents more problems but slowly working through them.

As for the XSPC pump, the bottom cover is the Bitspower mod kit and then I took the bracket off the pump and painted it the same as my GPU backplate.

What we both were saying was just hypothetical, I have no means to test mounting it to the top. If you have the V2 of the XSPV Photon res, you could mount it to the 240/280mm top tray. I have the V1 of the Photon and it is annoying as you can't rad mount it. The V2 mounting system allows it to be mounted to a Rad.

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, though it looks like I found someone who used the front 3x120mm fan bracket to mount it to the top: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/884789-frosted-silver-custom-570x-watercooled-ryzen-build/

He even built it with two 360mm rads :)

Edit: Another one: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=938782

This one is custom w/ 570x, looks like he remove the back panel and made one so he could use a mATX board

Edit2: 500D can use a 570x mount?

Archived