Corsair Community

K95 and Dark Core SE

jamescunha

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I found this thread on google, I have the same issue as the OP.

Will the Dark Core support this feature in the future? I would really like to be able to sync the lighting on my K95 and fancy new mouse.

If the Dark Core does not support Lighting Link as it is wireless, how come the Void wireless headset can support this feature?

I bought this mouse with the expectation it would work with lighting link, I may have to return it and get a wired one with this feature instead if this is the case.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
the limited lighting options for the dark core has really disappointed me as well, and im only finding this out now several weeks after purchasing the mouse. poor design if you ask me. i bought the dark core because i like the look and the feel and i have the K70 and some nice profiles but the dark core is left out. why???

• 4 weeks later...

I also have this mouse, keyboard K95 Platinum and mousepad MM800 Polaris. I'm disappointed that I can't set a lighting link with my others Corsair's peripheries. Can I get a answer that, are you going to release updates that will change that? Thank you in advance for your answer ;)

UPDATE:

I would like to add that, I care to get answer, because I don't know did I should give back that mouse, or waiting for this update. :/

Edited by KrepeleK

iCUE doesn't support lighting link for the Dark core at this time, I've asked with our CUE team if they plan it for the future.

Not supporting link with this mouse is one of the worst design ideas in history. At the very least incorporate it in wired mode.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
iCUE doesn't support lighting link for the Dark core at this time, I've asked with our CUE team if they plan it for the future.

Hello! I know this is a somehow old post, but I haven't seen any notice about support for lighting link after this.

Did you receive any answer from the CUE team?

I have a K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard and a Dark Core RGB SE mouse, and I have recently bought an Obisidian 500D SE case and Corsair Hydro 115i RGB Platinum watercooling. It would be amazing if all those things could be sync together. The only one that doesn't is the mouse, and as it is the more expensive mouse of Corsair I expected it to be sync too.

I understand that the Dark Core mouse is wireless and supporting lighting link could affect the 1ms response, but the response timing is an option which I can set to 2ms for example or even I can use an USB cable to connect it to my computer.

Is it possible to allow the use of lighting link at least by using an USB cable or by increasing the response time? I wouldn't mind to increase the time of response to 2ms or more in order to enable lighting link. If I needed that extra fast response, I could just turn off lights or set other profile not using lighting link and set the response to 1ms again.

• 3 months later...

Let's face the facts. Corsair said it's not supported and hasn't answered since one year if there will be an Update/Workaround for the Dark Core at all. NO answer is also an answer in business and this lack of answer including the long silence strongly tells me that Corsair either doesn't care for their Customers or just don't want to take our hope away by telling us the truth that there will be no solution at all.

So to sum it up:

Corsair doesn't want to deliver the feature we request or liked to see? That's fine, their choice.

But its OURs to just don't buy than their products or like me, after realizing this isn't working as I thought it would be: just give it back. If the user's voice doesn't reach them, reduced income or higher return rates will for sure.

Bonus:

If you are a Streamer, Twitteraner or any other kind of Influencer you might want to tell others too to skip the Dark Core too. At least in case, they want to have the Linked RGB Experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Let's face the facts. Corsair said it's not supported and hasn't answered since one year if there will be an Update/Workaround for the Dark Core at all. NO answer is also an answer in business and this lack of answer including the long silence strongly tells me that Corsair either doesn't care for their Customers or just don't want to take our hope away by telling us the truth that there will be no solution at all.

So to sum it up:

Corsair doesn't want to deliver the feature we request or liked to see? That's fine, their choice.

But its OURs to just don't buy than their products or like me, after realizing this isn't working as I thought it would be: just give it back. If the user's voice doesn't reach them, reduced income or higher return rates will for sure.

I'm in total agreement with this. I bought the Dark Core specifically because I wanted a mouse made by an American company that has wireless charging. It has been a disappointment. Very limited lighting options are available for the mouse (and the only game it seemed to actually light up for is Far Cry 5). Is that why they call it "Dark" Core?

The charging is OK, but nowhere near the quality of the solution Logitech has. Corsair has also made it clear that there is no future in Qi wireless charging with their products. New wireless mice are available but none have Qi. Considering the ergonomics on the Dark Core are a bit strange, they lost a repeat customer (me) because I would consider upgrading for something more comfortable -- if, and only if Qi charging is available.

The mouse wheel on my Dark Core recently 'died' (it doesn't 'click' anymore and just turns but does not scroll). I'll take advantage of my warranty but when I get my replacement it will go on ebay, along with my strafe rgb. No more Corsair for me. I've gone back to my Logitech keyboard, mouse, and powerplay pad and won't look back.

• 10 months later...
Just gonna add this for someone who may stumble across this in a google search. The new Dark Core Pro does actually have lighting link.

So this means Dark Core RGB Pro SE can use Lighting Link Effects and sync up with other Corsair stuff and wallpaper engine right?

Might be time to get it then