Corsair Community

Media keys not working?

Dinszy

Hey guys, I purchased a K95 RGB 2 years ago from corsair and the media keys have never worked. I had it RMA'd about 5 months ago after a couple of LEDs packed up and they still dont work. Ive updated the software, got the current firmwire and checked HID systems and whatnot, yet they dont work in any music listening app including Groove Music and Windows Media Player. Any solution would be appreciated TIA.

I have this issue happen sometimes and for me its usually because of the programs im using.

Itunes not good at responding to the media keys (stopped using it)

MusicBee always responds even when minimized and/or in the background

Windows Media Player hit or miss sometimes it only responds when the program is the main one selected active in the front and not in the background, other times it works regardless of where it is.

Tag Scanner only responds to the media keys when its the active program in the front, when its in the background it will not respond to the media keys.

Hope this helps to narrow down the issue for you. Since it looks that its mostly tied to the program being used and not the keys. One way to make sure the keys are "working" is to make a reactive lighting effect for when the keys are pressed. This will let you know if the keys are indeed registering and if its an issue with the software not the hardware.

I did this and the keys do respond to input on CUE, however the media keys themselves dont work on WMP or Groove Music. I will have to download something else and try on that.

EDIT: Installed music bee and all the media keys work on that. Excellent! Still confused as to why they dont work on WMP or Groove.

Archived