Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB - Setting up buttons issue

Forever Insanit

Hi, I just got my new mm800 mouse pad and M65 Pro mouse today. I love how they look and feel, however I am having some setup issues, specifically with the mouse.

After I downloaded the software and played around with the dpi and colors, I decided to see how the mouse felt playing some games. First I played a game of League of Legends. In there, I tried to set my key binds to the new mouse. On my old mouse, I have it so the arrow down button on the side was bound to the 4 slot. With the new mouse though, it was almost like the button wasn't working. I wasn't able to bind the arrow up, arrow down, and sniper button at all. I just went into Fortnite as well to try and play a game. I wanted to bind my sniper button to zoom in or the scope in spot, but again, when I press the button on the key bind screen, nothing is happening(when I press the sniper button in and move the mouse around, the dpi does drop, so I know that it is at least working in that aspect). Same this is happening with my 2 other side buttons (arrow up and arrow down). Do I have to set something up in the software to get this to work?

I did just update the software, so it is officially up-to-date. I also closed out of the software completely to see if that would fix my button issue, but that doesn't so anything.

Any help on either of my issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I did not create key remaps in the CUE software to match the games. Unfortunately I am new to the whole gaming mouse software so I'm not quite sure what that means/how to do that. My previous mouse was an Anker mouse and I never used the software, so this is my first time using corsair and the software. I didn't realize I have to remap anything, I just assumed the buttons worked as their usual buttons from the start.

There are two ways to map keys with these mice. You can go into your individual game settings and bind keys. This generally works, but note Mouse #4 may not be the same physical button on every mouse, so you need to specifically set this up for the M65 in each game.

The other way and the one I would recommend for the M65 RGB/Pro is to make a game specific (or general gaming profile) in CUE. The advantage of doing this is you can then make better use of the sniper button, which has limited application in most games. Lowering the DPI momentarily is not all that useful. Having a big thumb button for a block or heal may be. However, you can only assign the sniper button to a different task with the CUE software, not from in a game where it will only be recognized as DPI shift.

1) Open CUE. Click on a the M65 icon at the top.

2) A sub-menu opens. Click on 'Actions'.

3) Hit the + symbol to create a new action.

4) Change the current "macro" to "remap key" in the drop down menu in the center of the window.

5) Select the button you wish to change from the numbered 1-8 list in the picture.

6) Then enter what you want the button to do instead. For example, if you want sniper button to become "dodge", click 4 (sniper) then select whatever keyboard letter corresponds to dodge from your in-game settings.

It is only required to do it this way for the sniper button, but you may also want game specific DPI settings, colors, etc. All other buttons should be re-programmable in the game settings. If you do create a custom game profile, you must also link it to the game's .exe in whatever folder it resides. Also keep in mind the top profile in the list will be your "default profile" active at the desktop. Other game linked profiles will become active when that .exe program is in focus and drop off when it is not.

Thank you for clearing some of that up, I only understood about 25% of what you said lol, but it does make a little more sense. I will try to follow the steps you listed when I get home from work. Who knows, maybe something will click in my head once I get back in the CUE and it will make sense. It's difficult to visualize it when you don't have it in front of you. Much appreciated for the response.

So after trying out the steps, they didn't work...Maybe I'm just an idiot but this seems way to difficult to simply get my buttons to do what I want when I click them.

Either way, would it be possible for anyone else to help me out. All I want is a couple simple key binds. In League of Legends, I want my sniper button to work as my #4 button. So instead of pressing 4 on my keyboard, I just have to hit the sniper button and it does that for me.

In Fortnite, all I want is the sniper button to be my scope in button, so whenever I press the button, not only does it lower my dpi but it also scopes in. And then I want my back button to be one of my build options. Whenever I am in the key bind screens for both games, I simply click on the option I want to key bind something to, and then all I normally have to do it hit the down button on the mouse. But instead, I click the key bind option, press the down button or sniper button, and nothing registers.

Those are the only 2 games and only key binds I am concerned with at the moment. Could anyone help please? Maybe step by step instructions on exactly what to do since I am awful with this stuff. Thanks.

• 11 months later...

I managed to get to the part where the 1-8 list should come up, it didn't.

Can anybody help?

I'm just trying to make sure I have at least 1 though 4 buttons on my M65 Pro mouse assigned right.

TIA

Al

Archived