Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB Issues

Kalamir

I've updated to the newest version of CUE, currently 2.23.40 and updated the firmware to version 0.33 and I'm still experiencing a few issues.

#1 - Every time I turn off the mouse and then turn it back on it seems to have completely reset. The DPI goes through the roof and my color scheme has been forgotten. I feel like the problem is that while in wired mode I told the mouse to wipe the onboard profiles with the intention that I would reload my own. However there doesn't seem to be any way to save profiles to the device. I have tried googling the answer and watched some videos. There is no SD card icon on the profile drop down menu to save to device, even when in wired mode. My current fix for this is load up CUE and then go to the DPI section and make an adjustment somewhere. This seems to force the device to "remember" the settings and then I'm good to go until the device is turned off again. However this is annoying and mildly challenging with extreme DPI. I only have one profile in CUE with two DPI settings named Default and HW DPI Mode 1. Both DPI settings are identical and the problem persists regardless of which mode is selected in CUE.

#2 - Intermittently and seemingly randomly the signal will drop for around one second. This only happens in wireless mode. I have the USB dongle in the front of my PC Case in a USB 2.0 port which is about four feet from where I use the mouse. This is completely unacceptable. I've never had this issue with any wireless mouse, and I'm upgrading from the $10 bargain buys on Amazon.

#3 - Bluetooth simply will not connect. This isn't a huge issue for me as I can switch to USB mode for wireless, but then I run into problem #2.

I would appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions, thanks for your time.

I can help with the first problem, as I encountered this as well.

CUE has this annoying bug where it doesn't always display the "Save to Memory" button. I got around this by making my changes to the onboard HW profiles, then I started swapping back and forth with a different settings tab and back to DPI, until the app adds the 3rd and 4th buttons to the options on the left column panel. The 4th is the "Save to Memory" button you need to save with, and you need to be wired to do so.

Yeah, annoying as heck, and bugs in CUE are, unfortunately, to be expected.

I haven't tried the 2.4GHz dongle much since I'm using BlueTooth. You do need to first pair the mouse, which requires you to turn off the mouse, put in BT mode, then hold down the Profiles button. Then turn on and wait until the Multipurpose lights start to flash. Then the mouse is discoverable, and will pair.

Hey thanks for the feedback. I've spam clicked back and forth countless times and I cannot get the save to device interface element to populate. I did sync my mouse properly and even did it again just in case. Still the same issues with drops over 2.4gz connection. Guess I've got a wired mouse now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmm... I have gotten myself into trouble before by wiping the onboard storage on other peripherals. The solution is often to reset the device to the factory settings and thus restoring the profiles. Unfortunately, I don't have the protocol for doing this on the Dark Core. Perhaps someone else does. A firmware flash may do the trick and it seems like you may have reason to do that anyway.

If you cleared all the onboard profiles, The "save profile to device" tab does not automatically populate the slots with HW profiles in the list. You will need to manually save them again.

To reset the mouse, Unplug the wireless dongle and USB cable from the mouse, then hold the left and right buttons down while turning the mouse on.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty unhappy with this purchase. I've updated the firmware to version 3.08 and CUE to version 2.24.35 and I'm still having a plethora of issues. I've tried resetting the mouse, I've tried reinstalling CUE, both numerous times.

#1 = There are still no options to save profiles to the mouse itself so if I don't have CUE running it just defaults to the rainbow lights.

#2 = The mouse will just turn itself off in the middle of gaming. This is quite problematic as I'm sure you can imagine. This is while directly connected to either a USB 1, 2, or 3 port it happens regardless. Switching back to other mice and this issue goes away. I have to turn the mouse off with the switch on the back and then turn it back on. It works again for a variable amount of time before deciding to turn itself back off.

#3 = When on USB 2.4 ghz the mouse will occasionally spaz out for one to two seconds before recovering itself. This isn't a surface calibration issue, this is a transmission issue.

Pretty unhappy with this purchase. I've updated the firmware to version 3.08 and CUE to version 2.24.35 and I'm still having a plethora of issues. I've tried resetting the mouse, I've tried reinstalling CUE, both numerous times.

#1 = There are still no options to save profiles to the mouse itself so if I don't have CUE running it just defaults to the rainbow lights.

#2 = The mouse will just turn itself off in the middle of gaming. This is quite problematic as I'm sure you can imagine. This is while directly connected to either a USB 1, 2, or 3 port it happens regardless. Switching back to other mice and this issue goes away. I have to turn the mouse off with the switch on the back and then turn it back on. It works again for a variable amount of time before deciding to turn itself back off.

#3 = When on USB 2.4 ghz the mouse will occasionally spaz out for one to two seconds before recovering itself. This isn't a surface calibration issue, this is a transmission issue.

#1: If CUE shows "Default" in the upper left corner, then you will never see the option to save profiles to mouse. You need to select that box, and change it to the desired HW profile you wish to change. Then you'll see the Save button on the menu list.

#2: Never encountered that. You should open a ticket for that issue.

#3: 2.4GHz is a commonly used band for many objects, which can cause interference. I suggest trying to isolate the cause of the interference. Common culprit is the wireless router, which you may need to change the band it operates on.

• Corsair Employees

Were you able to resolve these issues with the suggestions Apophis3 provided? For #2, try updating your USB drivers to the latest from the motherboard manufacturer's website. If you're using Windows 10, make sure your updates are performed, and also try the steps in the following article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091240/usb-devices-may-stop-working-after-installing-the-february-13-2018-upd

Archived