Corsair Community

570x and Corsair Commander Pro

Mikeisu

Hello everyone, first post here! I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a new rig, and want to use the 570x in all of its rgb glory. I plan on installing 3 LL120 fans in the front attached to an h150i radiator, 2 LL140 fans in the top and one final LL120 in the rear. In addition, I will be installing 4 corsair LED strips.

I have been going back and forth on whether to use the commander pro or just the lighting node. The lighting node would work, however I would need to route at least 3 PWM headers to the motherboard, thus adding more cables I have to deal with in the front and I would lose fan control on all other fans. Or I could use the commander pro and control everything through it including fan speeds.

The commander pro seems like a clear choice, however I am concerned about where I am going to put it. I will be using an m.2 SSD so I can get rid of that drive mount in the back. However I want one HDD back there so that mount will stay. Would the SSD drive mount removal allow enough space to mount the commander in its place?

If not, what have you guys done with the commander in this case? I don't really care if it is visible, as long as it is clean.

I am sure some of you have come up with some creative ways of doing this, so your ideas would be welcome!!!!! Thanks in advance!

Hi dude.. Welcome aboard :)

I have same case and the Commander pro.. I have my Commander Pro stuck to the back of my PSU as I have all drive bays in the back in use.. and 2 RGB Fan LED hubs and Node Pro (well actually 3 Node pro's but 2 of them are mounted outside my case for desk lighting duties lol). It's pretty busy in there....

Some stick it to the inside of the shroud end cap..

and Agreed.. Commander Pro brings all the control to one place...

I have my Commander Pro mounted where the top HDD drive would be (top left in the back of the 570x). I removed the HDD tray. Plenty of room there.

Yeah, you can see it through the glass case but it's not as if the CoPro is an ugly piece of hardware or anything. From a purely positional point of view, it's a great spot in terms of routing all of your PWM and RGB fan headers to the CoPro -- you don't have tons of wires going huge distances throughout the 570x case.

If you use that space that will leave you with one HDD and 2 SSD slots for your storage.

I'm no expert, but in my view the CoPro is definitely the way to go. Full control of all of your fans and RGB accessories with Link.

Good luck!

I have my Commander Pro mounted where the top HDD drive would be (top left in the back of the 570x). I removed the HDD tray. Plenty of room there.

Yeah, you can see it through the glass case but it's not as if the CoPro is an ugly piece of hardware or anything. From a purely positional point of view, it's a great spot in terms of routing all of your PWM and RGB fan headers to the CoPro -- you don't have tons of wires going huge distances throughout the 570x case.

If you use that space that will leave you with one HDD and 2 SSD slots for your storage.

I'm no expert, but in my view the CoPro is definitely the way to go. Full control of all of your fans and RGB accessories with Link.

Good luck!

Thanks for your input! If I can fit one HDD back there, remove the other cage(s), I would be more than willing to mount it in that spot. I think it would actually look kind of cool mounted back there. To me it is just one extra piece of hardware to show off ;)

So you are saying I should be good with mounting in that spot even though I will have one HDD mounted back there?

• Corsair Employee
I have mine mounted similar to Ragman, but instead of using the top HDD space, I've got mine on the bottom spot. Either or, plenty of space there to fit a Commander PRO. Little tricky with the cable management though since you'd be routing a bunch of cables to a single device.

Yeah, as Greybeard said, it doesn't matter which HDD cage you remove (top or bottom). Either/or will give you plenty of room for the Commander Pro. Of course, you then only have room for one HDD which may or may not be a problem for you in the short- or long-term. It isn't a problem for me yet as I only have one HDD and one SSD at the moment. I'll be getting another SSD eventually and I have an external HDD I use for backup file storage.

If you can swing it (like Zotty) mounting it on the PSU or inside the PSU shroud end cap would save you that HDD slot. But I personally have got WAY too many cables already crammed into the PSU compartment so I elected to use the space by the HDD to mount the CoPro to save my sanity in cable management.

One thing to keep in mind -- once you start building your rig and the full-RGB addiction inevitably takes over your soul (as it did to me) you will start scheming on getting Node Pro(s), additional RGB strips, & maybe more fans and then you will be forced to really maximize all of the space you can in the back of the 570x.

For me, finding space for all of the components and handling the cable management was a real struggle. And I still have an H150i Pro and 3 more HD fans to install at some point (once I feel it's safe enough for me to order the new cooler without my wife killing me) :biggrin:

The good news is that -- once you have the case and your components in front of you -- you can move the CoPro around and see for yourself where it makes the most sense for you to put it based upon your preference and other components. You have options.

Yeah, as Greybeard said, it doesn't matter which HDD cage you remove (top or bottom). Either/or will give you plenty of room for the Commander Pro. Of course, you then only have room for one HDD which may or may not be a problem for you in the short- or long-term. It isn't a problem for me yet as I only have one HDD and one SSD at the moment. I'll be getting another SSD eventually and I have an external HDD I use for backup file storage.

If you can swing it (like Zotty) mounting it on the PSU or inside the PSU shroud end cap would save you that HDD slot. But I personally have got WAY too many cables already crammed into the PSU compartment so I elected to use the space by the HDD to mount the CoPro to save my sanity in cable management.

One thing to keep in mind -- once you start building your rig and the full-RGB addiction inevitably takes over your soul (as it did to me) you will start scheming on getting Node Pro(s), additional RGB strips, & maybe more fans and then you will be forced to really maximize all of the space you can in the back of the 570x.

For me, finding space for all of the components and handling the cable management was a real struggle. And I still have an H150i Pro and 3 more HD fans to install at some point (once I feel it's safe enough for me to order the new cooler without my wife killing me) :biggrin:

The good news is that -- once you have the case and your components in front of you -- you can move the CoPro around and see for yourself where it makes the most sense for you to put it based upon your preference and other components. You have options.

Thanks for the input! With 4x120mm fans in front, 2x140mm fans up top and one 120mm fan on the rear, plus 4 RGB strips, H150i RGB AIO pump, corsair RGB memory and the RGB on the maximus x hero, I think I will be good!

I will never have a use for another drive back there, just the m.2 SSD and one single HDD. This is a gaming machine so not a lot of need for extra storage. And if I do, I will just buy a larger capacity HDD.

Can the H150i pump RGB lead also be routed to the commander pro? The fan hub will be full (6 fans), and the other RGB input on the commander pro will be used by the strips. So would I have to plug the AIO pump into an RGB header on the mobo? From what I have read, it probably doesnt matter because Corsair Sync should pick up the AIO and RAM, even though the AIO is not connected to the commander pro.

I have also read that Aura running in parallel with Sync can cause RAM corruption? Does anyone have input on that? Is it only when both programs are trying to access the RGB on the RAM at the same time?

I have built many, many rigs over the years but this is my first time messing around with RGB so kind of learning as I go.

Can the H150i pump RGB lead also be routed to the commander pro?

The USB connection? yes certainly can dude.....

So would I have to plug the AIO pump into an RGB header on the mobo? From what I have read, it probably doesnt matter because Corsair Sync should pick up the AIO and RAM, even though the AIO is not connected to the commander pro.

The AIO (H150i) doesn't have an RGB connection.. that is all done via the usb connection ;)

RGB addiction inevitably takes over your soul (as it did to me) you will start scheming on getting Node Pro(s), additional RGB strips, & maybe more fans and then you will be forced to really maximize all of the space you can in the back of the 570x.

It Does.... It Will....

anyone got any of them RGBz Maaaaan?

mine lol.. ish... all is not as it seems.. Some of those HD fans might be just the Strips from HD fans lol... oh and the H150i is really a h100iv2.. that change will be made fairly soon all being well...

ixaX714h.png

Can the H150i pump RGB lead also be routed to the commander pro? The fan hub will be full (6 fans), and the other RGB input on the commander pro will be used by the strips. So would I have to plug the AIO pump into an RGB header on the mobo? From what I have read, it probably doesnt matter because Corsair Sync should pick up the AIO and RAM, even though the AIO is not connected to the commander pro.

The H150i doesn't have a separate RGB lead. The RGB is internal to the pump and handled through the USB connection that Link uses to configure the other aspects of the device.

I have also read that Aura running in parallel with Sync can cause RAM corruption? Does anyone have input on that? Is it only when both programs are trying to access the RGB on the RAM at the same time?

From what I understand, it's pretty unlikely to have SPD corruption with the Corsair RGB sticks. Other vendors may have issues. That said, they do conflict with each other and I've heard of some strange things happening. If you can avoid it, don't use one or the other. Based on my personal experience with both, I got rid of Aura and use Link. YMMV.

I have built many, many rigs over the years but this is my first time messing around with RGB so kind of learning as I go.

Yeah, it's a whole new ball game. Ask questions here; there's a group of us that help out regularly. And check out the RGB FAQ. There's a lot there but it'll give you a really good baseline understanding of the RGB ecosystem.

Yeah, it's a whole new ball game. Ask questions here; there's a group of us that help out regularly. And check out the RGB FAQ. There's a lot there but it'll give you a really good baseline understanding of the RGB ecosystem.

Same for me :).. been messing since the 80's lol.

as DevB said... worth reading the Faq Thread,,,

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

The H150i doesn't have a separate RGB lead. The RGB is internal to the pump and handled through the USB connection that Link uses to configure the other aspects of the device.

From what I understand, it's pretty unlikely to have SPD corruption with the Corsair RGB sticks. Other vendors may have issues. That said, they do conflict with each other and I've heard of some strange things happening. If you can avoid it, don't use one or the other. Based on my personal experience with both, I got rid of Aura and use Link. YMMV.

I have a pretty good understanding of how it all works, I have done quite a bit of homework. The RGB leads from my 6 fans go into the fan hub, fan hub is connected to one of the two commander RGB ports. The PWM cables also plug directly into the commander. The 4 strips are daisy chained together and plug into the other commander RGB port. Sounds like the H150i will plug directly into the commander via USB, and the other USB port connects into an open USB 2.0 header on the mobo.

The crappy thing about only using the Sync software only is I will not have any ability to control the mobo RGB unless I can access it through the BIOS. Not sure if that is an option for the maximus x hero. I would rather have those lights running through a pattern versus being a default static color.

So for those of you that have RGB on your board, what are you using to control it? Most of my RGB will be controllable via Sync, but I dont want to run Aura and Sync at the same time to prevent possible SPD corruption of my RAM. Is there any other way to control it or am I just SOL?

Second PSU mounted under my desk with switched jumper adaptor in it;).. just the Usb cables run back to the Rear IO ;)

s-l300.jpg

Damn you are crazy :) is it possible without a second psu? how did you connect the usb cable to the rear IO?? are there any adapter?

And how did you get 12 fans into your case :D

Damn you are crazy :) is it possible without a second psu? how did you connect the usb cable to the rear IO?? are there any adapter?

Normal everyday mini usb cable dude.. lots of cameras still use them.. cheap as chips.... as for without the second psu.. would need to extend Sata power to them... or have them in your case and make up extension cables for your strips..... DevBiker recently did a guide on making up cables..

And how did you get 12 fans into your case :D

. all is not as it seems.. Some of those HD fans might be just the Strips from HD fans lol

The devil is in the detail lol...

Can the 150i handle 6 ll120 fans with a 3 2wqy pwm splitters?

You run the risk of exceeding the available current on that header. You have about 1.45A available and 6 LL fans comes to 1.8A (based on rating, not usage).

See item #8 in the Liquid Cooler FAQ linked in my signature.

You run the risk of exceeding the available current on that header. You have about 1.45A available and 6 LL fans comes to 1.8A (based on rating, not usage).

See item #8 in the Liquid Cooler FAQ linked in my signature.

Thank you for the info. So, maybe a Switech PWM fan splitter. I know the Corsair fans use to not play well with that splitter for PWM control and I ended using my Aqua 6 xt to control them. I wonder if the PWM signal is the same in the new ll fans and wont play nice.

I am just wanting to make sure all 6 fans sync up RPM as the necessary.

I am looking at a EVHA x299 Dark and 570x dark mirror case and the 150i. Wanting essentially 9 ll120 fans. 6 on rad, two in top and one in rear.

Thank you for the info. So, maybe a Switech PWM fan splitter. I know the Corsair fans use to not play well with that splitter for PWM control and I ended using my Aqua 6 xt to control them. I wonder if the PWM signal is the same in the new ll fans and wont play nice.

I am just wanting to make sure all 6 fans sync up RPM as the necessary.

I am looking at a EVHA x299 Dark and 570x dark mirror case and the 150i. Wanting essentially 9 ll120 fans. 6 on rad, two in top and one in rear.

Steer clear of EVGA XOC. Plays hell with Link, especially with coolers.

Archived