Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB Side buttons stop working

lolPeachyyy

I bought a factory refurb'd M65 PRO RGB from Scan.co.uk less than a week ago, however as described in the title the side thumb buttons cease to work unless i use one of two workarounds. (neither are practical)

The 2 workarounds ive found are either to force close CUE (Makes me lose my RGB and more importantly DPI settings - cant play a game like that), or to Repair CUE with the installer (then have to restart my pc). If im playing an online game or using one of those buttons to push to talk with discord it completely ruins my game.

Both of these methods work in making the side buttons work again, but this is the only way. Without closing/repairing CUE the side buttons flat out don't work. I had an M60 for years with no similar problems and given that the buttons work under some circumstances im sure its not a hardware issue.

Can I get some advice on what to do/how to fix this please?

Also all firmware is updated to latest

Many thanks

peachyyy

• 2 months later...

ive been having this issue as well though it only seems to happen when launching games/full screen apps and the only way to fix it is to exit cue and relaunch then my foreward and back buttons start working again

cue v 2.24.35 and FW is current however i have had this issue plenty of times in the past and still havent figured out a permanant solution

Make sure your default profile (or whichever is active) does not have the side button re-programmed to something else. This can catch you off guard on community shared profiles where the author may have substituted another command, intuitive or not. I have 3 M65s and have used them for years. That is the only time I have experienced anything like the above and there are too many other users for it to be an unreported systemic problem.

• 11 months later...

Archived