Corsair Community

K55 RGB Keyboard Incompatible Firmware

okidips39

I finished building and installing all of the drivers for my computer yesterday. During this time, I had no issues with the keyboard. When I turned on the computer today, I was unable to login using the keyboard; none of the keystrokes were recognized, although the back lights still work. In the CUE, there is a red ! by the keyboard that says incompatible firmware when hovered over.

I tried repairing the Corsair driver, uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, unplugging/plugging back into the motherboard, and a (unsuccessful) factory reset on the keyboard. I was able to plug the keyboard into my laptop, where it did recognize the keystrokes and I was able to do a factory reset. However, the keyboard will still not work when plugged into the computer.

I have put in a ticket. It seems as though others have had similar issues, so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what else I can try. Any thoughts/assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I have this problem, but mine is still disconnecting and connecting, I solved with CUE 2.11.115, it does not recognize the keyboard, but recognizes the Mouse and others, so you can use it normally without worrying about the keyboard problem. I'm usually using here, it's probably a problem with the most current CUE;

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Problem solved with my K55, the new version of CUE 2.16.87 corrected the keyboard's incopatibility with the CUE. My thanks to CORSAIR for solving the error. Now it's just joy.

Hi, I wanted to update my firmware from the cue. but there is always 0% the download.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, i Updated cue to 2,23.40 and my keyboard and mouse have stopped working.. i have uninstalled cue and reinstalled it, nothing worked.. when i go to device manger they are all under (other devices)

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

jQ0YrS

dzWv5n

so here whats happening, i start my pc, i get a bios error no keyboard found,

keyboard and mouse work in bios fine.. i load into windows and they turn off, when i unplug anything from the use ports they flash on and off, also my xbox one controller it not working anymore..

any help please..

drives.PNG.dc7f451bec9d4135060b25baf530a347.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.b29cfad8f0070fd1f02ee33efebd915d.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
Just got a K55 today and when i launched CUE, it says my K55 has incompatible firmware but CUE cannot update it, contact support. Wow.

Verified i have latest CUE version.

a835cd284c7a86438a6e9a3d3bbb725f.jpg

Any help please?

I'm getting the same problem at random intervals, mostly AFTER I return from a semi long idle time (aka lock down computer, go to eat, do shores, etc.. come back, login, get monitors out of sleep.. keyboard refuses to get into custom colors mode and then the app says the same as this image).

Only way to resolve is unplugging the keyboard and plugging it again..or rebooting the computer.

My Specs:

Windows 10 x64 PRO

Threadripper 1950X

Asus X399 PRIME

32GB DDR4 3066Mhz (4x8)

Gigabyte G1 1070 Gaming

Asus XONAR DX

2x 1440p displays

Logitech G500s

Corsair K55 Keyb.

See attached image for screenshot of the app.

test3.thumb.jpg.a5d49e7fa1b0b1d6ca6589fce1a6793d.jpg

• Corsair Employees
Have either of you performed USB and Chipset driver updates from the motherboard manufacture website, and tried connecting to different USB ports on the back of the motherboard? Also, try disabling the USB Selective Suspend mode in the Advanced Power options for Windows.

Have either of you performed USB and Chipset driver updates from the motherboard manufacture website, and tried connecting to different USB ports on the back of the motherboard? Also, try disabling the USB Selective Suspend mode in the Advanced Power options for Windows.

Can confirm this inst something related to USB power settings.

I just got this bug 3 times the past 2 weeks DURING WINDOWS START UP.

Right now as I type this, the program is not detecting my keyboard. same error as the screenshot I wrote down.

I'm also using a different port from the last time I had the issue, nothing changed.

Will update the drivers from AMD right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Good Day

Please help me with the following , after I updated my K55 keyboard it the was not recognized by iCUE software. So now i am also not able to the keyboard features like the pause/play , skip track , volume up and down etc.

it is very frustrating as I am also not able to log a ticket or to do a live chat on your support page as I get a msg saying "{ "Message ": "006" }" and this msg has been going on for 3 weeks now.

Please see attachment!

Please support team help me.

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

K55.thumb.PNG.4dd3654d2364d0118f827b7fa9ea3730.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

It absolutely amazes me that no one is able to fix this. Buying high end pheripherals and get left in the dust when u have a problem.

My k55 is also not on the right firmware, and the icue software is the worst i have ever expierenced.

Archived