Corsair Community

Sabre rgb mouse frequent freezing and leds randomly turn off

noobles31865

Hello there!

My gaming sabre rgb mouse has been having problems with freezing and shutting off the leds. I've only had the mouse for about 7-8 months and it was doing fine until a couple days ago. Now, it won't load the mouse settings properly and once the leds shut off, the mouse's dpi settings break completely. It also says that the mouse is malfunctioning in the corsair CUE 2 drivers. The only temporary solution to this was unplugging and replugging the mouse back in, which only fixed it for about 1-2 minutes, and forcing a driver reinstall did the same thing, only fixing it for a few minutes. After that it'll go back to having the same problem, front, scroll and logo leds shut off, the dpi led shuts off, mouse freezes and it won't register my clicks during that time frame. Soon after, it'll stop freezing but the leds still won't turn on! I've googled this problem many times, and I haven't found the solution to this yet, so if someone could please help me that would be fantastic.

I have this same problem with my mouse Sabre Corsair RGB CH-9303011-AP

Firmware 2.04 - CUE 2.14.67

I have Windows 10 PRO 64 bits, version 1703, Build 15063.413

I recently started to notice this problem of mouse freezing and I have even tried to format my Windows, but without positive results... I use the mouse 2.04 firmware for a long time and only recently I am having problems... Thanks for the attention!

• Corsair Employees

Please go to CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED.

If that doesn't work, create a ticket and we'll see what we can do to assist.

I started testing the mouse on other computers, and the mouse has returned the same problems. I've also checked to see if my power settings on the mouse were suspendable, but it turns out that they aren't. I'm starting to think that this mouse had a hardware malfunction, but there's no way that could have been the case since it worked so well for 7-8 months!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived