Corsair Community

Spacebar SUPER sensitive

I just received my new K95 RGB today, and I love it. The only problem I'm having is that the spacebar is INCREDIBLY sensitive. It detects a keystroke at the lightest tough of my thumb. Any accidental touch of the key while playing a game.. let alone resting my thumb on it is problematic. Is this by design? I'm trying to train myself to keep my thumb away from it unless i mean to press it, but it's difficult after 20+ years of resting my thumb on it. Any input?

I predict by this time next week you will have acclimated to the keyboard as this will no longer be an issue.

Yeah I'm sure I can adjust to it, I was just wondering if this is a common thing, or by design, or if there was a problem with my keyboard.

I like Cherry MX Red switches for the fact that they register without the key actually having to bottom out to register an input. Like others have said, you'll get used to it soon and find yourself typing faster.

Yeah I agree, all the other keys are nicely tensioned and have nice mid-push response. I'm really happy with it. Just this crazy spacebar goes off at literally the slightest touch, i can make it register from pressing it less than half a millimeter. I'm adjusting, it's just, like i said, incredibly sensitive, and way more sensitive than all of the other keys.

• Corsair Employees
Yeah I agree, all the other keys are nicely tensioned and have nice mid-push response. I'm really happy with it. Just this crazy spacebar goes off at literally the slightest touch, i can make it register from pressing it less than half a millimeter. I'm adjusting, it's just, like i said, incredibly sensitive, and way more sensitive than all of the other keys.

Remove the spacebar (lift it straight up) and press on the Cherry MX Red switch. It should actuate exactly the same as all the other switches. If it doesn't and its more sensitive than the others, we'll replace it.

Remove the spacebar (lift it straight up) and press on the Cherry MX Red switch. It should actuate exactly the same as all the other switches. If it doesn't and its more sensitive than the others, we'll replace it.

The switch itself seems to actuate the same as all the others, i think just the weight of the space bar keeps it pressed almost to actuation point full-time. i do notice, though that the stabilizers on either side arent raised at all. im guessing the tension on the switch itself is designed to act as the spring for them. in that case maybe a stiffer switch on the space, like a black, would help matters.

On further thought, i guess the stabilizers actually limit how far the key is raised, so they actually keep it close to the actuation point. In which case a stiffer switch wouldnt help much. It's fine though, just have to get used to it :)

• 2 years later...
I am having this exact same issue. Occasionally my space bar actuates twice giving me extra spaces in sentences I am writing. I've tried adjusting my typing behavior but it's still occurring. I really need help with this as it's pretty frustrating.

• 6 months later...

I just got the corsair strafe mx cherry red switches (my first mechanical keyboard i ever used after using a $29.99 membrane azio backlit keyboard for 5 years which i miss dearly)

OP is not wrong. I just got this keyboard two days ago and to find this thread i searched in google "Corsair strafe spacebar too sensitive"

I quite simply can not rest my thumb on the spacebar while gaming with this thing. I just cant do it. My horse continuously jumps in black desert online and i cant stand it. This spacebar is like a hair trigger. I have to avoid it constantly. And im a lightweight i am 5'7 135lbs with small skinny hands

every single time i type (look see how it just double spaced) there is always spaces randomly in words and i know for a fact i did not press spacebar. I pressed down the switch to see if there was something wrong with the spacebar switch and its just exactly the same as all the others pressure-wise. Nothing is wrong with it. Its just poor design

Plus the spacebar is just too high up. its not comfortable to rest your hand on this keyboard because your thumb is lifted 10ft into the air from this ridiculous spacebar.

you need to make the spacebar shorter and less sensitive. I now have to rest my thumb on the base of the keyboard because i feel like i am walking on eggshells around this super sensitive spacebar

Cherry mx speed right ? if not trust me can be worse :D btw corsair give us compact keyboards where we can hot swap switches im really getting tired of the durability of these switches not even lasting a full month.

Btw if you get double space you have chattering this is not normal.

Archived