Corsair Community

FAQ: Media Keys Do Not Work

• Corsair Employees

There has been a few number of cases where the media buttons on the keyboard do not work, or the scroll wheel on our headsets do not seem to change the volume. In most cases, this is not an issue with the device but is an OS issue. Please try this if you experience this problem:

Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.

• Confused 1

• 11 months later...

Today it did work when I started my pc but I checked HID services and it didn't start automatically. It started manually so I changed it to automatically.

I guess this solves the problem. Thanks Ram Guy.

EDIT: wrong topic (kinda ;))....sorry

Edited by Dunkyoo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Keyboard compatibility has to be enabled at prefences 'Keyboard shortcuts' tab inside Winamp. It's possible reassign the media keys there as well.

Thanks man! That worked for me :) I can use my media keys with Winamp now!

• Corsair Employees
Question... would there be a way to hold the next / previous key so that the track playing in winamp would fast forward / reverse instead of pressing the right / left arrow keys

You can re-assign the media keys to mimic the arrow keys under Assignments.

• Confused 1

Can we get an option to switch whether the "FN" key activates the function or media key? I had this on another keyboard and thought it was a good idea. I use the media keys more than the function keys so I would like them to be the default on press. Thanks.

Anyone know how to get my media keys on my K90 to work in Chrome? They work inside of Windows Media Player without any issues (whether it's on focus or not). Tried searching multiple iterations of this question, but so far, nothing.

I installed third party extensions in hopes of getting it working, but still nothing. And, yes, the media key shortcuts are enabled in Chrome.

• 3 weeks later...
So, my media keys work fine with MusicBee while using Windows and used to work while I was playing fullscreen games such as Smite and LoL, but for some reason, after reinstalling Windows due to a system issue, the media keys no longer while in any fullscreen game. I've tried same CUE version, same firmware, restarted the HID service, but nothing seems to be working.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I had a similar issue, but mine was due the Plex Google Chrome extension that it seems Plex's website added. It completely took control of my media keys... what a pain in the ***. Hope that helps someone else. My trick to see what was going on was to view the list of extensions, then at the very bottom of the screen there was a "view hotkeys" clickable, doing so showed me all the various hotkey settings, and sure enough Plex was there taking over my media keys. Hope this helps someone else!
  • Confused 1

Restarting the HID service works for me... for a bit. Then the media keys stop functioning. The HID service says it is still running but I have to manually restart the service for it to work. I tried Auto and Auto (delayed). Neither make any difference.

The problem started the last few weeks on both w8.1 and now w10.

Thanks

Chrome, you slag!

http://d0od.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Screen-Shot-2014-07-02-at-16.32.22.png

This fixed it

Tools > Extensions > KB shortcuts > in my case it was Plex

Change Global to In Chrome

Edited by otterspace

I just noticed after having the keyboard for a few weeks after just getting it replaced with a RMA keyboard that the media keys don't work. It's on the pause/play and skip forward, the play one when works if you press down hard that you would be to the point of breaking the stand out hurting your finger and the skip forward just doesn't work. The other two are just fine, now the play just move freely like the skip back and stop key but the skip forward feels hard on the right side. I haven't spilled anything on the keyboard and I pulled the cap off it to see it was something stuck under it and nothing, so was wondering what it could be. This is my 3rd keyboard from the RGB series and also K95, trying to figure out if I have to go through the RMA once again when only having the keyboard for about a month. Now after posting this the mute/unmute is having a issue where it works when it wants to. Edited by MystaB

Seems that even with auto restarting enabled it does not quite fix it for me. Setting the HID service to auto restart, as well as to never stop auto restarting, it still stops working, but only after a few more hours then before.... Edited by ChaosRifle
Poor wording due to lack of sleep :P