Corsair Community

H110i Pump Speed

yahfz

Hi, i used to run my H100i with the pump at performance mode and it died within 7 months, then i decided to put a little more money and get the h110i with the CoolIt pump instead, so i came here to ask if theres a problem with having the pump in performance mode 24/7 or not, i really don't wanna wait all these days to RMA again.

It is unlikely your prior H100i failed because you wore out the motor by "over-using it". It is supposed to last at least 5 years, so any calculus of hours used at xxx rpm is going to come up well short of the expectation. Use the H110i the way you want. However, you should see virtually no difference in CPU temperatures between the two pump speeds with your CPU and clocks. My temp difference with the H115i Pro between 2000 and 3000 rpm is 0C. It is not the limiting factor. You can set it to the lower speed without giving up anything.

Interesting, thanks for the help c-attack. While we are at it, it seems that the H110i has no internal memory to save corsair link custom configurations, corsair link needs to be on at if you wanna use it, thats so sad because i didn't expect a downgrade like that when paying more, is that really the case here or am i missing something?

No, you should be able to save basic lighting and a fan curve to the H110i. What software program are you using? For Link, it is the same: Options -> Devices -> Under H110i "use current settings as default". For iCUE, the function is there, but it just doesn't work. In fact be careful with it. Every time I try to save a plain white LED, it overwrites my prior setting with a rainbow. Then I have to go back to Link to fix it.

No, you should be able to save basic lighting and a fan curve to the H110i. What software program are you using? For Link, it is the same: Options -> Devices -> Under H110i "use current settings as default". For iCUE, the function is there, but it just doesn't work. In fact be careful with it. Every time I try to save a plain white LED, it overwrites my prior setting with a rainbow. Then I have to go back to Link to fix it.

Unfortunately there's no such setting on the H110i, there used to be one on the h100i though. Here's a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/6ozRrRf

It used to be right below the firmware version, im almost sure that the h110i can't store custom fan curve. Feels bad man.

Let me answer your question, since I have the unit. When you change the fan settings with the H110i, it is saved both to the device and to your current profile by default for static settings. For this model there is no button to save to the device in Link4 and in is greyed out for iCue (as it should be as the save to device function works as the profile is saved). For active fan control, Link or iCue needs to be running.

Archived