Corsair Community

My h115i problem

RuffneckTR

It appears you have a coolant temp sensor error or some other kind of software glitch. It is rare for anything to affect the coolant sensor, but do you have any other software running like AIDA? I can see the HWMon.

Assuming no other software issues or strange readings, the sensor has malfunctioned and it obviously causes the cooler to do strange things. If this is a new unit, swap it back as defective with the vendor. If not, contact Corsair through the Support Ticket System in the menu above. You will need the purchase invoice to establish the warranty period.

Quit HWMon, HWINFO, AIDA, Real temp or anything else you have running. Go into the task manager and force Quit both iCUE and the Corsair Service. Re-launch iCUE. If it still says 100C on the coolant temp, take it back as defective.

If available, I would prefer the newer H115i Pro, but it will probably cost you $25 more.

The BIOS will report approximately 1/2 the pump speed as the fan speed.

As c-attack said, quit ALL monitoring tools and then see if you still have the issue. Obviously, the temperature is incorrect. However, other monitoring tools can interfere and cause incorrect readings.

Well, obviously that takes away the control source prompting the fans to run at high speed, but you still have the coolant temp reading a steady boil, so that goes back to the original sensor malfunction or software glitch. However, I suspect the unit does not qualify for warranty service. Be careful buying used coolers. The warranty does not transfer and these things do not last forever.

Well, obviously that takes away the control source prompting the fans to run at high speed, but you still have the coolant temp reading a steady boil, so that goes back to the original sensor malfunction or software glitch. However, I suspect the unit does not qualify for warranty service. Be careful buying used coolers. The warranty does not transfer and these things do not last forever.

I bought this cooler originally from the authorized reseller, even the product's Gelatini was standing.

OK, if this thing is new... take it back as defective. Running the fans from the motherboard is a short term solution, but not how the cooler was designed to work. Even if you don't intend to use the software ever and want to leave the fans on the board, a defective coolant temp sensor takes away your best troubleshooting tool if something isn't quite right or as a way to gauge efficiency. Sensor defects are really rare, but it has the consequence of destroying your control (since it thinks you are boiling). If you have eliminated the possibility of a software conflict, something is wrong and you should exchange it.

OK, it this thing is new... take it back as defective. Running the fans from the motherboard is a short term solution, but not how the cooler was designed to work. Even if you don't intend to use the software ever and want to leave the fans on the board, a defective coolant temp sensor takes away your best troubleshooting tool if something isn't quite right or as a way to gauge efficiency. Sensor defects are really rare, but it has the consequence of destroying your control (since it thinks you are boiling). If you have eliminated the possibility of a software conflict, something is wrong and you should exchange it.

Thanks, so I send a guarantee this cooler then

• 2 weeks later...

Archived