Corsair Community

Corsair Crystal 460x, h115i, ram clearance

Ssania

Hey, so I'm planning on buying the Corsair Crystal 460x as soon as I can get my hands on one. I've got a problem though, most reviewers mention that you'll probably only be able to fit low-profile memory in there, if you have an AIO. Question is; Will an Corsair H115i with 2xML140 pro fans, allow for Corsair Vengeance LED ram in the 460x?

If you're gonna recommend front radiator, better have some pictures of how it will look ready, as i strongly believe that will look very stupid in this case.

Honestly can't believe I'm asking these questions, seems like corsair did not even consider their own aios, fans, and ram when they made this case... sigh.

*edit* if its stricly not gonna happen with the h115, then i'd be willing to downgrade to a h100i v2, and slap some ml120s on there, if that would then make it a possibility

You might want to type "460X" into the search box in the case forum. This is frequently discussed topic and most of your questions are answered there, with pictures and further discussions about these choices.

You can't fit a H115 in the top of that case, regardless of any other choices. The 240 radiator barely fits up top and that is will very short modules. The top of the case is very shallow and it seems more than likely it was always designed with front mount cooling as the primary option. With no 5.25 drive bays and a short path to the top exhaust, it's not quite so damning to use a front mount intake radiator with that case. As for the aesthetics, a quick image search for the case will yield most of your combinations in the first few frames. You cannot use any top mounted double radiator with the Vengeance LED.

You might want to type "460X" into the search box in the case forum. This is frequently discussed topic and most of your questions are answered there, with pictures and further discussions about these choices.

You can't fit a H115 in the top of that case, regardless of any other choices. The 240 radiator barely fits up top and that is will very short modules. The top of the case is very shallow and it seems more than likely it was always designed with front mount cooling as the primary option. With no 5.25 drive bays and a short path to the top exhaust, it's not quite so damning to use a front mount intake radiator with that case. As for the aesthetics, a quick image search for the case will yield most of your combinations in the first few frames. You cannot use any top mounted double radiator with the Vengeance LED.

Thank you for answering my questions, looking back I never should've created the topic, but I was tired and just wanted someone to tell me a definitive no or yes. :-)

Thank you for answering my questions, looking back I never should've created the topic, but I was tired and just wanted someone to tell me a definitive no or yes. :-)

I am not chastising you. It is a complicated issue, there are no listed specifications for that aspect, and the results are not always as expected. Some of the promotional shots can be slightly misleading or use unfamiliar products. At a quick glance, you might assume the memory in all the Corsair shots is the new LED vengeance, but in fact those are unavailable white DDR4 Vengeance LPX modules. There aren't a lot of hard answers and the case is really just landing in peoples hands now. We do know the LED verison is much too tall. The LPX just barely fits at 38mm and I beleive the Hyper X is shorter still at ~34mm. Someone else was unable to fit a 44mm G.Skill set. It appears the safe max height is somewhere near 38-40mm, but it looks like even the corner shape of the module might matter. You really need to scrutinize what's out there and be prepared.

The 460x is the 'compact' version and you usually have to compromise on something. Whether that is memory or radiator location is up to you. Of course, the 570x is the bigger version and might solve the problem. Unfortunately, we know even less about that, other than slightly larger external dimensions.

That is a Corsair H110 (280mm) in the top with Ripjaws V DDR4. Looks like there are no module collision issues with top placement and the balance is also better with it in that position. Why did they only use 1 fan with the 280mm? It looks like it fits easily, although I wonder why they didn't with this build.

EDIT: Strike that. I went and watched the 20 min build video. He had a collision issue with the VRM upper heat sink and the radiator fan in that position. This would suggest other boards with larger top heat sinks might also have a problem with the width of a 280mm. A 240mm would fit (narrower) and still have the same overall thickness.

maxresdefault.jpg

I am not chastising you. It is a complicated issue, there are no listed specifications for that aspect, and the results are not always as expected. Some of the promotional shots can be slightly misleading or use unfamiliar products. At a quick glance, you might assume the memory in all the Corsair shots is the new LED vengeance, but it is in fact those are unavailable white DDR4 Vengeance LPX modules. There aren't a lot of hard answers and the case is really just landing in peoples hands now. We do know the LED verison is much too tall. The LPX just barely fits at 38mm and I beleive the Hyper X is shorter still at ~34mm. Someone else was unable to fit a 44mm G.Skill set. It appears the safe max height is somewhere near 38-40mm, but it looks like even the corner shape of the module might matter. You really need to scrutinize what's out there and be prepared.

The 460x is the 'compact' version and you usually have to compromise on something. Whether that is memory or radiator location is up to you. Of course, the 570x is the bigger version and might solve the problem. Unfortunately, we know even less about that, other than slightly larger external dimensions.

That is a Corsair H110 (280mm) in the top with Ripjaws V DDR4. Looks like there are no module collision issues with top placement and the balance is also better with it in that position. Why did they only use 1 fan with the 280mm? It looks like it fits easily, although I wonder why they didn't with this build.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I watched a review for the 570x, and it was said it has the same problem.

*Edit* actually, that picture if i'm not mistaken is from a Paul's Hardware review, he could only apply 1 fan because of collision with the part of the motherboard that is above the cpu socket

*2nd edit* also about the compromise, I'm also fairly certain I watched a review where it was stated, that the case does in fact have the space, if they simply allowed the radiator to me moved a tad bit more towards the tempered glass panel side, again it has the space for that, but not the mounting options. It really seems to me that this case, as beautiful as it is, was more or less just corsair wanting to get in on the whole tempered glass train. Looking at other compact designs, many of these problems could, and should've been non-existent. Hopefully they realize this and give us a v2 or something... One can hope I guess.

Maybe this doesn't help but I have the h115 in the front the image may give you an idea. I do know that 140mm width up top would normally interfere with either ram or the power phases or that stuff that sits north of the cpu lol.

IMG_0229.jpg

Archived