Corsair Community

Metadata and the new Voyager Air app

BillRathbone

The new Voyager Air server/app uses the following metadata for music and video files:

Music:

Title

Album Artist (if present) or Artist

Album

Genre

Track No.

Artwork

Videos:

Title

Show (for TV shows)

Season Number (for TV shows)

Episode Number (for TV shows)

Artwork

I use iTunes to tag videos (but it is very slow).

There are many music tagging utilities available (I use Tag&Rename).

There is one metadata-related issue that we know about and that will be fixed in a future release: the server uses Album Artist instead of Artist if it has a value. This works fine for the Album view of a compilation album ("Now This Is Music - Various Artists") but keeps the track from appearing when using Artist view, and doesn't show the actual artist when playing the compilation album. The update will save and use both "Artist" and "Album Artist" values.

• 1 month later...

Bill - Thanks for the good info on tag support for the Voyager Air. For an enhancement request, it would be great if the apps would support the TITLESORT ('TSOT') tag so that all the "The XYZ" movies don't appear alphabetized under the 'T's all together.

Thanks!

Yeah, I had the same question after I started seeing inconsistent behavior trying to tag everything in iTunes. I've now installed about 3 or 4 tagging tools... They seem to be either a) comprehensive or b) fast - but I haven't found one that's both. :sigh!:

I would take a look at Mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/)

Select a file and then you have to click the "Extended Tags" button on the menu bar. It will let you add the TITLESORT tag. I have confirmed that iTunes correctly reads the tag set by Mp3tag.