Corsair Community

AX1200 Replacement

Ultimatium

I ordered this PSU and it has the coil whine issue as well. I contacted redbeard a few hours ago, but I haven't received any response yet. This is completely unacceptable for a product in this price range. Will corsair replace it immediately or will i have to wait? Otherwise, I am going to return the PSU to the store where i bought it from.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ordered this PSU and it has the coil whine issue as well. I contacted redbeard a few hours ago, but I haven't received any response yet. This is completely unacceptable for a product in this price range. Will corsair replace it immediately or will i have to wait? Otherwise, I am going to return the PSU to the store where i bought it from.

To be fair you've contacted one person. I'm sure he's an extremely busy person.

And for the record I'm in exactly the same position as you.

• Corsair Employee
RAM GUY: Why would i want to request an RMA when i can just send it back to the store where i bought it from? The problem is that if i request an RMA, i won't have a PSU while waiting for the replacement.

I would suggest that you request the RMA, and once you get the RMA number, please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and they should be able to help.

If its easier or more convenient to have the unit replaced with the reseller, then that is definitely an option as well, but if they can not help, then go ahead and get the RMA.

• Corsair Employee
Your questions would need to be answered by our customer service, you can contact them directly by calling the numbers I posted previously. I have no way of checking whats currently in stock or what shipping options may be available for you, but our customer service should be able to help you out.

Are you an only child?

If you'd have read around you'd note that Redbeard has said that any faulty AX1200 will be replaced with a new one via advanced RMA (you get a new one before sending that old one back).

They are just waiting to make sure that the fix they have used on the AX1200 is valid - once validated they will replace ours.

If one Corsair Employee (Redbeard) told you that any faulty AX1200 will be replaced with a new one via advanced RMA, then could you please explain why RAM_GUY continuously refuses to answer that question?

I have double-checked this thread, and nowhere am i able to locate any corsair employees mentioning that any faulty AX1200 will be replaced with a new one via advanced RMA, despite the fact that i asked about this several times.

All i see is RAM_GUY wanting me to send an e-mail or to spend my money calling corsair because they sold me a $288 defective PSU. I am in all my rights to be pissed off at Corsair.

The reseller has already offered me a full refund.

However, my problem is that if i return this PSU for RMA, i will be left off without a PSU to power my system. If i request an RMA and e-mail you @ rmaservice@corsairmemory.com when will the new AX1200 unit be shipped? immediately or first when you receive my old AX1200 unit?

I will need a response today, otherwise i will have to return the AX1200 to the store for a full refund.

World class customer service my ***. Back to the store with the AX1200, time for a new brand. A professional & serious brand this time.
Were you expecting a response between when you made those posts? If so, you need to keep in mind the time zone difference. They're 8 hours behind you, so your first post was at 2 AM PST and the last one was just before 8:30 AM, right before they opened.

If one Corsair Employee (Redbeard) told you that any faulty AX1200 will be replaced with a new one via advanced RMA, then could you please explain why RAM_GUY continuously refuses to answer that question?

I have double-checked this thread, and nowhere am i able to locate any corsair employees mentioning that any faulty AX1200 will be replaced with a new one via advanced RMA, despite the fact that i asked about this several times.

All i see is RAM_GUY wanting me to send an e-mail or to spend my money calling corsair because they sold me a $288 defective PSU. I am in all my rights to be pissed off at Corsair.

Ram Guy only approves RMAs, not HOW they are RMA'd. After you get an RMA you should contact Redbeard with your RMA number and ask about an advanced RMA. Normally requests for advanced RMAs go through customer service though. That's what Ram Guy was asking you to do, to contact them. Advanced RMAs aren't an official thing and as far as I know are on a case by case basis.

Sure wish I'd known about the advance RMA when I sent mine in. Is that something available throughout the duration of the case?

I had to call on Tuesday as my unit had been delivered 4 days earlier, yet they had no records of receiving it. The phone call sorted everything out with the delivery, but I received an email today notifying me of an additional 5 days to process the return shipment. I'm looking at close to a month of downtime now.

Not the greatest experience. So I understand your frustration, but even with all that, there's no reason to get pissed. It's not going to fix your issue any faster. Try to remain calm and polite and let whomever you choose get your problem solved ASAP.

Ram Guy only approves RMAs, not HOW they are RMA'd. After you get an RMA you should contact Redbeard with your RMA number and ask about an advanced RMA. Normally requests for advanced RMAs go through customer service though. That's what Ram Guy was asking you to do, to contact them. Advanced RMAs aren't an official thing and as far as I know are on a case by case basis.

Then explain why i just received an e-mail from another Corsair Representative named "Jelaide Ocbina", saying that the new units won't be shipped until a "few weeks", that could be everywhere from 2-3 or more weeks. Things aren't going too well for you in Corsair it seems. What a joke of a customer service.

Sure wish I'd known about the advance RMA when I sent mine in. Is that something available throughout the duration of the case?

I had to call on Tuesday as my unit had been delivered 4 days earlier, yet they had no records of receiving it. The phone call sorted everything out with the delivery, but I received an email today notifying me of an additional 5 days to process the return shipment. I'm looking at close to a month of downtime now.

Not the greatest experience.

You could easily have to wait 2-3 weeks more, read the above.

Then explain why i just received an e-mail from another Corsair Representative named "Jelaide Ocbina", saying that the new units won't be shipped until a "few weeks", that could be everywhere from 2-3 or more weeks. Things aren't going too well for you in Corsair it seems. What a joke of a customer service.
What I said has nothing to do with them being out of stock.

Just for your information, i did send an e-mail to redbeard 4 days ago, he is yet to respond. So much for your worthless excuse of not replying your customers.

I'm going to contact Redbeard directly in about 1.5 hours when he gets into work. He's on PST USA time.

This thread has pretty much run its course. Anyone else posting here, please keep it civil.

Ultimatum, we apologize again for your PSU dilemma and will get you a replacement ASAP.

Ultimatum, we apologize again for your PSU dilemma and will get you a replacement ASAP.

And just exactly how long does as soon as possible mean to you? According to the e-mail i received from corsair, i won't get a replacement before "some weeks", that could be anywhere from 2-3 or more weeks, and there is no way that i am going to way that long.

• Corsair Employee
And just exactly how long does as soon as possible mean to you? According to the e-mail i received from corsair, i won't get a replacement before "some weeks", that could be anywhere from 2-3 or more weeks, and there is no way that i am going to way that long.

Ultimatium, I'm the guy who posts as Redbeard everywhere else. I've received a few emails and responded to each - but if I haven't responded to you, please send me an email directly at georgem@corsair.com and I'll do so.

I wish I could get you a new unit today - but the truth is we just don't have them. We put the fix into place last week, tested and verified it this week, and now we're producing and shipping units as fast as we can to our headquarters so we can fulfill RMAs.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. We just don't have a fixed unit to send you right now. I can assure you, however, that when we do get the fixed units in stock, you will be sent a new unit with the fix in place, and a return shipping label so that you do not have to pay shipping to return the faulty unit to Corsair.

If you choose instead to return your AX1200 for a refund or an alternate product, I fully understand.

Archived