Corsair Community

Corsair Void RGB USB Mic sounds robotic/low/bad

GraniteGargoyle

I just got the headset a couple days ago and plugged it in and such. People are telling me I sound "robotic" and very low. I have tried everything I can find online to fix this issue. Came here to see if there is new information on this as it appears to have been an issue others have had. Any help appreciated as I want to keep them, but will have to return if I can't resolve it. Sometimes unplugging them and plugging them back in makes it better for a bit. But even at its best, people are telling me it sounds bad.

Oh and when the sidetone thing is on, I don't hear the issue. The mic sounds fine.

Is it a volume issue as people are also telling me the volume seems low even though I have turned up everything? Help Help :)

DO NOT GO OFF OF THIS POST! LEAVING IT TO SHOW MY PROGRESS.

OK just an update. Got in the second set and same exact problems. But I think I found the issue. After reading around the net, someone suggested that the headset mic may be incompatible with realtek drivers. Guess what the computers I tested on have in common...Realtek High Definition sound drivers. I was at my laptop so I decided to test the theory there, even though these will be used with my desktop :P .

Uninstalled the Realtek Audio software and restarted my laptop when I was prompted. Went into windows audio settings and turned my mic up to 75% and set the quality to DVD since for some reason it got set to telephone quality after the uninstall. Jumped into Discord and voila, it now works. Have not even installed iQue yet, but they sound good and no one is complaining about my voice anymore. Will mess with the desktop tomorrow.

TLDR version: Uninstalled Realtek audio software, restarted PC and adjusted my settings. Fixed.

OK, update to my update as I went ahead and hooked up to my desktop.

Forget uninstalling drivers and such.

I hooked the ear phones to my desktop and opened Discord. Still had a messed up mic. Got fiddling around with settings before uninstalling drivers this time. I found that the sound quality of my mic has been getting set to "telephone quality". Why in the hell this in an option in this age is beyond me. But I switched it to DVD quality, which was the highest for this option, and restarted Discord. FIXED! I will put some little directions below for those not able to find the option. Not sure why it would get set to that when I plugged in my mic, but that was the issue.

Directions:

Right click the speaker icon in the lower right in Windows.

Click Sounds

Go to the Recording tab

Click on the mic that is being used. Mine has the green default indicating check mark next to it.

Click Properties at the bottom.

Go to the Advanced tab

There will be a rectangular drop down that should let you adjust the quality you transmit in.

I would say put it on DVD at minimum.

DO NOT FORGET TO CLICK APPLY AND THEN OK.

Then close everything and should be good to go.

That fixed mine from sounding funky and everything. Hope it helps someone else. Not sure why both of my PCs did this. My brother has the same headset and his didn't. But, there you have it.

Love, peace, and chicken grease :)

• 1 month later...

GraniteGargoyle,

Thank you for this. This was EXACTLY the problem I was having. I was about to return these because I read about some driver issues, but it just didn't seem to make sense why a simple mic wouldn't work.

Anyway, my quality was set to telephone by default! Adjusted, now my mic/voice sounds grrrrrreeeeeaaaatt!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

GraniteGargoyle ,

Thanks, was getting desperate .

tried it on other pc's where it worked fine .

After uninstalling drivers numerous times and checking if it was grounded and more it was as simple as the quality settings in windows.

I hooked the ear phones to my desktop and opened Discord. Still had a messed up mic. Got fiddling around with settings before uninstalling drivers this time. I found that the sound quality of my mic has been getting set to "telephone quality". Why in the hell this in an option in this age is beyond me. But I switched it to DVD quality, which was the highest for this option, and restarted Discord. FIXED! I will put some little directions below for those not able to find the option. Not sure why it would get set to that when I plugged in my mic, but that was the issue.

Directions:

Click Sounds

Go to the Recording tab

Click on the mic that is being used. Mine has the green default indicating check mark next to it.

Go to the Advanced tab

There will be a rectangular drop down that should let you adjust the quality you transmit in.

That fixed mine from sounding funky and everything. Hope it helps someone else. Not sure why both of my PCs did this. My brother has the same headset and his didn't. But, there you have it.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to do this, it immediately tells me the device is in use, and when I attempt to fix the setting, that settings window crashes when I hit ok or apply.

Ok. After a lot of exhaustion, I'm listing the things that I found online which did NOT work for me, and at the end, what finally did work.

Things that were recommended but didn't work:

-Right click open sound settings on taskbar, go to recording tab, go to advanced, change bitrate to dvd (crashed that window w/ error message that device is in use by another program).

-reinstalling icue

-reinstalling drivers for headset through device manager

-uninstalling realtek sound drivers

-updating AMD chipset drivers

-forcing void pro usb firmware update from inside of icue

-restarting windows 10 in safe mode in order to change bitrate on mic(device did not show up in safe mode)

-resetting audio settings in discord

This is what worked for me:

Right click speaker icon in taskbar->click sounds -> recording tab->highlight void pro headset microphone, right click it -> disable -> right click then re-enable void pro.

for reference, I have a 2600x with a 2080, fresh windows install with proper driver installation, Asus rog strix x470-F motherboard.

Followed all the advice here and pretty much everywhere. I could not change the sample rate of the mic. I could get the drop down and select the "DVD" sample rate but when I would hit apply it would then tell me "it is being used by another program" and just close the window. I had also read where other would say their windows would crash at point.

Anyway bottom line fix for me was, I had to disable all my other recording devices, (you do this where the previous post states), then I was able to change the sample rate on the Corsair and it held/kept it.

I hope this helps, this was 1 big *** pain! ::pirate::

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Directions:

Click Sounds

Go to the Recording tab

Go to the Advanced tab

Thanks! your post helped me solve the "telephone" quality. I thought my VOID's mic was damaged!

Archived