Corsair Community

H105 new build problems

Meusli

I have built a new rig today and installed the H105 as my CPU cooler on my new 4790k, the idle temperature though is sitting at around 50oC. This is only a load of approximately 20-30% and I feel this is a bit high before I begin to throw stuff at it. I have not been able to get it to move down in temperature no matter what I try. The motherboard I have has a special pin for water coolers on which it is attached the light on the cooler is lit and I have the fan seed set to high to give it extra power it needs and I have even reapplied thermal paste to the CPU all to no avail.

Please help me as I want to play games. :/

Thanks for the reply. :)

The cooler it is plugged into a Gigabyte GS-Z97x-UD3H-BK CPU_OPT header and I already have it at at full speed. I have already replaced the thermal paste once as well. I just ran Prime95 and one of the cores reached 91oC. :/

Should there be a sound coming from the pump block? I can only hear a faint electrical buzz. Also how to I tell what the RPM is?

OK I downloaded a program called Speed Fan and it is telling me the following;

Fan 1: 0 RPM

Fan 2: 1839 RPM

Fan 3: 0 RPM

Fan 4: 1493 RPM

Fan 5: 1464 RPM

I take it Fan 2 is the pump and the other two are the fans for the radiator cooler.

The pump block should be basically inaudible. Also, check the RPMs in BIOS.

I have checked the Bios and it is reporting the same thing. one thing I have noticed though is the two fans included do not always start up if the are plugged into the system fan power, I have to restart the computer several timers to get them to "catch" or set them to full and then back to normal.

Archived