Corsair Community

CM2X1024-6400 XMS6405v5.1

I'm using CM2X1024-6400 2 pair set (dual channel set) as my memory module for 6 months. It was working perfectly until one month before. One day I come from work and found my computer crashed. OS installed again, harddrives went to service for check but my computer kept crashing especially while playing games.

My mainboard (MSI platinum P35) sometimes warned me with a message telling me "previous overclocking failed" after restarting in each of these crashes. It was never overclocked and I send it to service but they didn't find any problems.

Tonight while playing it crashed again. I looked at the mainboard light panels and the lights were locked at "memory error" configuration. Windows vista memory test module was giving errors at %30. I removed one of the modules and tested again, there was no error. All I noticed was the module was really hot. I removed the module and put the other one, re-test and there was no error again. I put them together again as described in the manual leaving a blank socket and tested, it gave an error at %30 again.

In short both modules seems to work in single channel mode but together they cause errors and it wasn't like that when I bought them in winter. I was thinking summer heat effected them but it seems this was not the case... What should I do?

Also to exclude a SPD autodetection failure I tried to disable auto SPD but I can not find specific RAM default values for TRFC TWR TWTR TRRD & TRTP.

Archived