Corsair Community

Ram Bandwidth Trouble

Christy509

Hi, Here is my problem. Did a complete install of Wix xp pro, added a aiw Radeon 9600 pro, and now Sisoft Sandra reports my memory badwidth as ram bandwidth int as = 910 mb/s and ram band width 919 mb/s. My ram module is a Corsair cmx512-3000c2 (xms3000v2.1) Ultra Performance ddr memory. I have a Abit bd7II motherboard and a intel 2.53 mhz cpu. I noticed the preformance dip when I tried a couple of games and they were so choppy they were unplayable. Played find on my old Radeon 7500... I've tried several different settings (most possible combinations) from the bios with almost no performance increases. Read many of the posts on the forum here and tried different suggestions from other users, but now I'm at wits end. I ran mem86 and ther dosen't seem to be any errors with my module. I used the latest drivers from Intel chipset and applacation acellerator and downloaded the latest flash bios from Abit for my motherboard. Could any of these things have caused my problems. I will appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks and May God Bless... Christy509 Abit motherboard BD7II Raid 2.53 mhz 133 fsb Corsair cmx512-3000c2 Radeon aiw 9600 pro winxp pro

• Corsair Employee
That really sounds like a driver problem. Did you have another video card in this system? If so you might uninstall the currant video driver and go back to your old video card and make sure all of the old drivers are uninstalled. Or try this video card on another system.

Thank you for your prompt response... I tried something I had read on another post and was shocked it worked for me. It suggested that if you had several usb devices plugged in they might be stealing bandwidth. I didn't believe that this was my problem, but after I unplugged them my mem bandwidth scores went back up to 29000. I'm forever grateful to this forum and the wonderful help found here. Merry Christmas and May God Bless... Christy509

Archived